blue mics only 100?

oh_the_blood

i saw the new music 123 i think and it had a whole new section of blue mics for like only 100 bucks?
ive heard those and they sound amazing, why so cheap now? i thought they were in the thousands?

Are you talking about the Ball mics?
I think they are the only blue mics in the $100 range.

I recently auditioned two of the Blue "8 Ball" mics, and thought they were the worst condensers I'd ever heard. The pair sounded tinny, like a transistor radio, as if they were out of phase...except they weren't.

my blue ball = crappo. i cant find a thing to use it on due to the amazingly thin tone it gives everything. ive used it in a conjunction with a 57 on a loud ass cabinet just to add a bit of thin squawk to the beefy 57. i guess it sounded ok on a toy piano. everything else was pretty lame (kick, overhead, bass cab, guitar cab, acoustic, vox.). wait i guess it sounded half ass on an upright bass for somereason once. think theres prolly some inder 150$ mxls that can sound alot better. i had some mxl 603s that were amazingly great overheads.

There's actually a third mic in the series, now- kick ball, which as near as I can tell, is the first one in the series that is good for anything.-Richie

i got a good bass sound out of the blue ball......... once.
and i've used it on a lead git sound .........once.

had it for two years, and i've used it twice.
(that's pro-rated to about 75$ a use, i'm hopeing to thin that out over a number of years)

<< ive used it in a conjunction with a 57 on a loud ass cabinet just to add a bit of thin squawk to the beefy 57. >>

you know a mic must suck when someone is referring to an sm57 as "beefy" in comparison..... :D

cheers,
wade

Back