Blue Bottle vs. Baby Bottle

they sound very different. the Blue Bottle is just a body and it uses interchangable capsules. so it really depends which capsules you are using if you want to compare them. The Blue Bottle is also a tube condensor, where as the Baby Bottle is solid state.

a good option with very good quality would be the Red Type B mic.
( www.vintagemicrophone.com )
i have the Red Type B with B7 (aka R7) Capsule.
This combination is a U47 FET killer. Red's own $250 lollipop capsule is also very good, and on the Red Type B body, the combination is somewhat similar to the Baby Bottle but with smoother highs and a slightly more pronounced mid range.

with the Red Type B, you can use all the capsules available for the Blue Bottle, but not have to shell out the cash for the tube based body.

KonradG said:
$4000 v. $400

Same professional sound? Well... Close?
not even - the bottle smokes the baby. one bad point about the bottle is the size. it's a pain to get into tight places like a snare

recordingpro said:
not even - the bottle smokes the baby. one bad point about the bottle is the size. It's a pain to get into tight places like a snare

If I owned a mic that expensive, I wouldn't let a drummer in the same room with it. :eek: But then, there's a long list of things I wouldn't let a drummer be in the same room with; my daughter, my wife, my dog, ........ :D

Robert D said:
But then, there's a long list of things I wouldn't let a drummer be in the same room with; my daughter, my wife, my dog, ........ :D
BTW...your wife said I could borrow one of your shirts. With all the noise, it seems your dog thought I was hurting her and, well you know how he is. Anyway, thanks. I'll have it dry cleaned and leave it with your daughter this weekend.

Okay, now you guys got me unsure :)

Should i spend less on the C1?

I know these questions are half useless since every mic is situational, but its mainly for my vocals and the baby sounds good on my voice (kinda whispery sometimes, kinda loud sometimes, listen to it on my band link if you want a better idea).

I know it sounds good, i just want a reliable mic too.

thanks for the comments so far.

If you like it, buy it. BLUE is a good company that stands behind their products. If something goes wrong, they'll fix it.

KonradG said:
Okay, now you guys got me unsure :)

Should i spend less on the C1?

I know these questions are half useless since every mic is situational, but its mainly for my vocals and the baby sounds good on my voice (kinda whispery sometimes, kinda loud sometimes, listen to it on my band link if you want a better idea).

I know it sounds good, i just want a reliable mic too.

thanks for the comments so far.
Dude that wasn't your original question, You asked about a Bottle versus a Baby bottle. NOW you're talking about a Baby Bottle versus a C1. SO NOW the c1 versus the baby - the c1 sucks in comparison on most sources and yes I own a couple of bottles, a couple of baby bottles and a c1.

Back