Votes: 45 18.8%
  • NT-2

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • NT-1000

Votes: 26 10.9%
  • NTK

Votes: 131 54.8%

• Total voters
Which one would be a more all round mic for vocals, pianos, violins and acoustic guitars

Tukkis

i dont know your mixer but if iwas you and i had enough for a ntk thats 500 id get a nt1000 and a m audio dmp3 mic pre just my 2 cents up grade your entire signal chain

If you're going purely on the cardiod sound without a lowcut filter, then the NT1000 sounds better than the Nt2. It's just a little more high-end sounding, with a little more sparkle and air, and it's defeinitely got less noise and a cleaner tone. However, at the same price, I would find the NT2 to be a much more versatile mic. It has omni and cardiod pattterns, a lowcut filter, and a -10db pad. With those features, it can do a lot more. The sound isn't bad either, it's an entirely different beast from the much-maligned NT1. I wouldn't mind having one or two. Ultimately, for just vocals, the NT1000 is a better mic, but it might not be better for your voice, so you should definitely try either mic out first.

Tukkis said:

They are $599 compared to the NT1000 at $549

Tukkis

wow, these prices are pretty high.... is that the best deal u can find? do u guys "bargain" in Australia? :)

maybe u can check with fellow Australians here for the best price....

FYI, mic prices in Singapore are pretty cheap (even Rodes).....

After checking out the prices again last night the NT1000 has dropped $50 to $499.

I am a little surprised though that they make the mics in Sydney just one hour flying time from where I live and they are more expensive than overseas countries

Tukkis

Tukkis said:
By the way LeeKing how much can you get Rode mics in Singapore??

Thanks
Tukkis

I may be wrong, but the last time I heard NT1000 was S$400 (~A$420) and NTK was S$700.

these prices are pretty high[/quout]

The mic prices are high in holland

NTK 678,- EURO (= 665 USD)
NT1000 429,- EURO (=421 USD)

al 'cheap' mic's like sp, rode and others are not so cheap over here... :mad:

Remco

Remco, in Germany Rodes seem to be cheaper. NT 1000 is 333 Euros, NTK is 555 at www.thomann.de. I'm sure you can order them from Holland as well. SP is expensive here, too. MXL has no distributor in Germany; I wonder why? I wish I could get a pair of 603s here. Tried to get them in NYC, but they were out of stock.

Remco, you should be able to get them cheaper in the Netherlands (I live there as well). I found a price of EUR 610 including VAT (mail me privately for the name of the shop, I'm not associated with them). I ordered some gear (multitracker and studio monitors) lately from another German company, but had to return the multitracker and one of the studio monitors. I'm not shure if they were to blame, but it did cost me a lot of money to return the stuff. And I'm still waiting for it to return. Might take them about one month. So I would have felt much more comfortable if I would have bought it in the Netherlands. Next time I'll think twice before ordering gear abroad.

Just had a look at that site, hoping to find MXL, but no such luck. And the Studio Projects B1 is EUR 184 + Tax. That's even more than in Germany and more than twice the price in the US. I thought in Holland you all ride bicyles; can't be that expensive ;)

Tukkis said:

They are $599 compared to the NT1000 at $549

Tukkis

Tukkis,

I'd check ebay! Rodes are built solid enough that you needn't worry about the "used" factor, and Rode even covers used microphones with their warranty!

I have the NT1000. I paid $300 US at GC. It is a very nice sounding mic, good body and a nice airiness. As someone else suggested, if I were you I'd go with the NT1000 and get a tube pre-amp for those times when you want it to be a little warmer. I betting you'll like it just as it comes though.

Blessings, Terry

my mycs

hi just a thought ,for my money if I was a 15 year old in Aust I would get a NT1 and some kind of pre amp the NT1 is good and any mic will benifit from a decent pre amp. I just used a classic on my new record for the vocs and it was great and the longer I left it on the better it got.Ihave used the NT1 on every thing from drum o/h to electric guit ,group vox and ambient room noise.It works great.The thing being is that at your age you will have lots of time to upgrade so by getting good mics(NT1/NT3)and or good pre's then your off to a great start so you can save and when money isnt such an issue you can go nuts with great mics.It fuckin fantastic that you want to buy aussie gear that was my reasoning for getting rode mics and I have gotton only joy from the use of them. Other than that I would get the one that I have heard and like the sound of.

Back