Best Microphone for a 20x22 kick drum?

SD88

as the title says best Microphone for a 20x22 kick drum? and other sizes too cause my boyfriend has a 20x22 kick drum and i think a mic with a lot of low end is not necessary. opinions

Any kick drum mic will be fine. Shure beta 52, AK D-112, etc...

Most kick drum mics are not very expensive and, even though they all sound slightly different, they will all be very usable.

Go to sweetwater, musicians friend, zzzounds, etc... and search for.kick drum mics.

My personal favorite of tailored kick mics is the original Sennheiser e602. As fairview said any kick mic should be fine. Excessive low end can always be fixed by changing the mics placement or EQ.

There is also nothing that says you have to buy these new... Ebay, craigslist, pawn shops, etc... can get you good deals on stuff like this.

I just noticrd the AKG D112 has been discontinued. So you gotta buy used.

That was/is a very popular mic. I wonder what has replaced it.

Actually if there is an AGKD112 MkII out now there should be deals to be done on the old stock D112.

Alan.

There's a mk2?
I thought the d12 vr replaced it so Im glad you guys went first! :p

The D12VR replaced the classic old D12. The D12VR is a great kick mic (I would like to have one LOL) but I thought it would be too expensive for the original poster.

I actually own an original D12 and a D112.

Alan.

I got a D112 (not mkii) new and pretty cheap from sweetwater a month or two ago. I thought it was 99 bucks but I may be remembering wrong. I see them for 140 on Amazon now. They used to cost 200 I think. I've never had any kind of d12 but I do like the d112 a lot

Back