Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Behringer may have just taken the lead in "Best Bang/buck" mics

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    It's not really off topic. I said the room was dead and that's how I made it dead. Those gray panels are office dividers that someone was throwing away. They're 4 feet by 6 feet and they use a very absorbing Owens-Corning 603 fiberglass batting inside. I removed the screw-in feet and got some L brackets and 6 inch by 3/8 inch bolts and some 3/8 nuts from the hardware store.

I fastened the L brackets to the wall studs and slid one end of the panel into the brackets and anchored it with the 6 inch bolts so that it can be swung out from the wall or lay flat.

I can overlap them to expose more hard wall, or swing them out into the room to make wedges and boxes, for diffusion or isolation.

Thanks
    Harvey,

the room i record drums in doesn't have any gobos and there is some reflection. I need some overheads and this looks like to good of an offer to pass on. Do you think I can use an omni pattern if reflection is an issue?

Thanks
    Well, you could throw some packing blankets around the drum set to kill some of the reflections. But you're right about this being too good a deal to pass up IF they turn out to be as good as I think they are.

Thanks

Cool

Harvey, please, if you have a second, help this guy out.....

http://homerecording.com/bbs/showthr...ighlight=drums

hes ready to trade in an acoustic kit for a Roland electronic kit......any ideas......

Thanks

Cool

Ill also hold off buying my pair of ECM8000's pending your review....Ill be using them primarily as drum overheads, and since Im currently drumkit impaired (dont have one), I can hold off a bit.....

Thanks
    Originally posted by Gidge
    Ill also hold off buying my pair of ECM8000's pending your review....Ill be using them primarily as drum overheads, and since Im currently drumkit impaired (dont have one), I can hold off a bit.....
    I thought about that too brutha' Gidge, but a pair @ $70.00 with a 30-day exchange guaranty, I figger' how bad can that be! I've been burned a whole lot worse (read-3630 & Behringer mixer).
    So why not add this to my slowly growing mic ensemble!

Thanks

Gidge

I wouldnt hold off long, This is a sign of a buisness liquidating for bankruptcy.

To get to the B2, Why not get that,after all Its a RODE NT2 with a differnt shell. Just check out the mics Insides.

Thanks
    Interesting.
    Does this mean the B2 or whatever its called will be $100 now? That might be worth the money, too. Check it out, Harvey, you da man!
    Waiting on this 1/4 inch review...
    Peace!
    Paul

Thanks
    Originally posted by Harvey Gerst
    PG13, do you have two of the B2s? Did you check out several to see if they all sounded the same? How close is your B2 to their published spec? Were some B2s that you listened to noisier than others?
    Yea thats why I bought a B2 man producer has some in his Studio (like 3) maybe four (i think one was a MXL)
    but they all sound they same i mean some were a little noiser but nothing serious tho

Thanks
    Originally posted by ausrock
    I want to farkin scream.
    The Aust. distributors have those mics listed with a retail of $199 each. That's approx $400US each.

AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.............

ChrisO
    I think youve got your conversion rates around the wrong way thats apporx $100US each

Thread Information