Behringer may have just taken the lead in "Best Bang/buck" mics

All I know about the duties and taxes you are up against, I've learned from this forum, but Ausrock is right, direct your energy somewhere positive. Tell someone who can actually do something about it.

I also know very little about your Government, but last I checked Australia was a Democratic society, you should also vote your conscience and perhaps fire an email off to your local Government representative, letting them know how you feel about the taxes and duties.

Queue

How do Microphone threads always end up about politics... :confused:

if it makes you feel any better...

Looks like we cleaned out Musician's Friend as well. Damn website said "In Stock". Ha! So I'm on "Warehouse Backorder". Which is (IMO) not any different than regular BackOrder, as I still don't have any mics... (they gave me a UPS tracking #!?!?!)

If they'd keep those idiot humans away from the inventory systems, things would be much more accurate...

"Celeste" sez they'll ship my mics next week....

We'll see....

Queue

here you go chris heres the reply from MARS remember these were the guys you said dobro told us about read on here is his reply to my request for the ecm 8000 mic

hello,
I will at least answer you.
I am sorry we do not carry the ECM 8000 Behrenger.
We use FedEx shipping to Australia when we ship
Thank You
Walter
Mars International Sales

so any new ideas guys and as for australia ive contacted who i need to here the mics are all gone wont be in till next march so there some info there

as for arguing with the fools out here why bother and waist my time when i know the answers of by heart we get taken you already know that and for me expressing it in here thats fine too it has to do with an ecm8000 and thats what iam talking about those who dont want to read it dont read it simple as that save the keystokes if you cant assist in a positive manner as for my negative manner i have good reason to be so if this offends then apply the dont read it rule

regards wayne ;)

I THINK I,LL MAKE THIS REAL SIMPLE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO STILL HAS THESE MICS FOR 35USD WHO DONT MIND MAILING THEM OS IF ANYONE DOES KNOW AND FEELS THEY CAN COMMENT PLEASE DO SO

THANKING YOU ALL IN ADVANCE

KIND REGARDS Wayne :(

To those who already got their mics, what does the circuit inside look like? xformer? Any one mind tracing it?

Thanks,
Ian

New guy on old thread

Hi, I got here late. I have a question or two about the ECM8000.

It is primarily designed for room measurement, Will it actually sound good on Drum
over head? Also if I purchased three total, (OH Right and OH Left and Hi Hat) what
would I have to do to combat Phase problems. OMNI? I would have thought a tighter
pattern would be less problem prone. Also I tried to check out the pic's Mr. Gerst
posted. No luck. Can you re-post or e-mail them to me directly? Thank you very
much.
K

trebs,
I think you read too much into my post. Feel free to rant here... (Like you need my permission:rolleyes: ) I was just saying that you could also rant in a way that might effect some change.

-or not-

Try American Musical Supply: ($42.95) ECM8000

Here's their spin on int'l shipping:
International Customers:
Customers outside United States & Puerto Rico please call 1-320-796-2088 for shipping charges and additional information. Please wire transfer funds for orders over $500.

Queue

Thank you queue :-) and it wasnt you i was having those words with it was someoneelse

thank you for your efforts queue i will contact these guys today thank you :-)) ;)

ECM8000 in stock

ZZounds web page says they have these microphones in stock for $39.95.

http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/love.music?p=p.BEHECM8000&z=1227190419299

Below comes from their info page on shipping outside of US. Some of it sounds legit, some sounds like a cop-out. Why should they be worried about "outrageous shipping costs", the consumer will be paying for the shipping. Microphones seem to be built to a world wide industry standard so there should not be any compatibility problems.

"Does zZounds ship outside of the U.S.?

Unfortunately, we can only ship products to US addresses on US-billed credit cards at this time.

zZounds would love to extend its products and services to areas outside the United States. However, outrageous shipping costs and the possibility of product incompatibility with non-US voltages have created obstacles for US dealers attempting to service overseas customers. In addition, many brand-name vendors (including Yamaha, Roland, Gibson, Alesis, Emagic, and others) do not authorize US dealers to ship their products outside of the country."

Back in stock!

Hey all;

I got an e-mail from 8th street and my mikes are on the way so that means that they are at least temporarily in stock for now.

Aussies/Kiwis:

I will do some research and find out how much shipping to Oz/NZ
is for a simple US citizen and see if you can purchase mikes with a non-US account, ship to me in the States and I can ship to you. Essentially, I become a distributor. Maybe if eveyone lives close enough to each other ( I realize your country is a continent as well and is as big as ours) we can bulk ship them, save shipping costs somewhat and then you guys can divvy them up once they are within your borders.

I am sorry that your e-mails get unanswered, most sales people at larger stores don't have a clue about shipping to begin with....

nP

Tube stuff discount

I haven't had the time to read this whole post, so I'm taking the risk of double posting.

I don't like Behringer stuff, but if you haven't got much money to spend I have to say this stuff is great value fot the money.

Music Store in koeln (Germany) is dumping the tube-stuff

Magician T1950, Tube Utragain T1953, Tube composer T1952, Tube ultrafex T1954 and Tube ultra-Q for €220. Their normally around €850.

Ultradyne pro dsp9024 from €400 for €199
Ultramazer and ultramatch for €99

Sounds like a real bargain, and they've got telephonists for each country, and are specialized in shipping round hte world.

www.musicstorekoeln.de

Shipping rates

here is a link that gives an approximate idea at how much two mikes at 3 pounds would cost:

http://ircalc.usps.gov/speed.asp?Country=Australia&Pounds=3&Ounces=0&cmdSubmit=Continue&Contents=1

NZ is the same for weight.

So at the highest rate you end up adding about $30 US per mic which makes it a $65-70 dollar mike now.

Your best bet is to make friends with a music distributor down there and get him to order a bunch in hopes of getting a better deal...

or have one of us ship them to you plus the cost of shipping. I saw no restrictions as to what can/can't be sent.

I used to intern at a record label and we always wrote "promotional material" on overseas shipments to avoid excessive fees. Don't know if that works anymore....

nP

its not so much the shipping that makes buying from the US suck its the dutys and broker fees that kill ya. Its something like $30 just for the broker fees + atleast 15% tax(normal sales tax here in canada) Not to metion how bad the exchange rate is these days.

Most people get all excited when they see what I great deal they got off the internet from the US then when it shows up to the door costing well over double of what they thought it was going be they realize how much buying from the US sucks.

there is an easier way it means we all have to look out for one another i really feel with all the talent in this place one of us could come up with an idea

it seems these mics have to be purchased in bulk then distributed in such a way that the cost is kept effective from the mail and duty point of view.

I am not a believer in duties on imports i see it as just another way for the powers to be to make easy bucks of people who after all spend their hard earned money buying this stuff in the begining i have never had a problem paying for a good at the rate our dollar is at plus maybe the 10% on top of that then some for the postage and profit of those concerned bringing the items in but my big gripe is this its the dam greed of some who re sell stuff which annoys hell out of me.

look at monitors for example i bought a set of mackie hr824,s out here for 2000 aussie dollars and thats cheap compared to what they ask here which is 3295 retail

now you tell me 1200 usd for a set out your way which in turn equals 2400 to us before they land etc etc now i know one can look at this and say ok the profit dont look so much but how many pairs are they shipping and how much do they get the container here for see i dont mind paying my cut but i wont pay it over an over so where iam concerned any new ideas which assists us all getting a slice of the action can only be good

but beware there will always be a few rotten apples in every bunch just out to rip others off so if this is to be done and one or two are to be trusted with funds it has to be someone in the us who everyone knows has a good reputation and can be trusted and then in turn has time from time to time to do this maybe there could also be some bonus in this for them as well considering the work involved in doing such a task

what i see happening is someone with the knowledge of harvey may find a real bargain and in his time can test this out against what he knows is the standard so to speak if the price is too good to be true and the aplication and use of these mics will be usefull for all then its will seem like a good mic to bulk buy in turn keeping the postage down and saving all a packet you see the savings made here can easily be used to post out mics else where to others who live to far to get these bargains this way we all get a slice of the action ok it all seems to simple to work in reality i know some may think that but if anyone is intrested lets see what we can come up with and what can also be achieved here you never know till you try and the shops may be easier to deal with as well on bulk deals i say the best way to go is the shop that offers the cheapest deals with best service and free postage is a good starting point they will in turn always drop their prices lower to a group as they know they are always guranteed to sell to us so in numbers we do have more clout but again its up to us to create such a deal so lets here some more on all this from intrested parties with something positive to say here.

kind regards wayne
Melbourne Australia

stop whining

We are sick of your Auzzie ass whining over the cost of goods over there. If you don't like it then move the F*** off of that F***'n ex convict colony in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure you have some good things going on there so quit your whining about how you have to pay a few extra quid for some freakin mics. Enough already. If I was a distributor I wouldn't want to deal with you pathetic whiners anyway cause your not worth it.

Mr 6 posts to your name i dont know who you are nor do i care if your not intrested in what i got to say dont listen and dont read any more after the initial post you for one seem to know little about what you speak about axcept to rub others noses in the dirt this is a forum for everyone i dont remember seeing you doing much to contribute here so take take your lame self and your excuse for a post and and go else where with it i dont think we need the likes of you wasting space on a board essp with what you have to say and you can carry on all you like because people with 0% brains are usually shown up for what they are in the end

L A M E

I,ll save the rest of the key strokes on someone worth wasting them on :p :rolleyes:

Back