Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: Behringer may have just taken the lead in "Best Bang/buck" mics

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Yes, we should.

Thanks
    let me know how the acoustic guitar goes. I might get a pair if you get good results.

Thanks

ECM 8k's... still rockin'!

Quote Originally Posted by ausrock View Post
    Hey boffin,

Mate, you've dragged up a 5 year old thread .

The ECM8000 mics originally had an RRP of $299 out here, it dropped to $199 and when Behringer ditched Musiclink as their Aust., distributor and installed "their own people" the price came down to $99 and that was approx., 4 years back now. I have a pair which are thankfully very low on self-noise and excellent bang for buck mics.

Bought another ECM 8000 a couple of weeks ago when installing a new line array PA in a Sydney theatre, and was stuck for: wait for it, an analyzer mic! Rather than spend time in the pre Christmas traffic to drive back home, I chose to drive just a few blocks to buy another. Now I know as well as crowd mics, acoustic guitar and overheads, they work great for use with SMAART to tweak time alignment, crossovers and general system analysis

Perhaps not quite Earthworks, but seriously good bang for your buck, as you say mate..

danny.guitar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by prestomation View Post
    I know this thread is ancient, but shouldn't we replace "Behringer" with "Naiant" now?
    They both give a very similar sound, at least on an acoustic. Behringer is a little more noisy, and for some strange reason, seems to always pick up more "pick" sound on the guitar. Or maybe I'm hearing things. But yeah, both mics are good, but the Naiant is cheaper and quieter, and more reliable, so may as well just get one of those. Or two.

Thread Information