Behringer may have just taken the lead in "Best Bang/buck" mics

I wouldnt hold off long, This is a sign of a buisness liquidating for bankruptcy.

I don't think that's true. I live in Philly (where 8th Street Music is located) and they are not definitely not going bankrupt. I think they are trying to get rid of all their behringer stuff (they really despise it).

I am sure darrin meant Behringer had the trouble and not 8th street...I think im going to listen to him and Q and get a pair.....

now who wants to donate a drum kit?....or Ill make an even swap for my registered copy of Fruity Loops and Acid.....

OOOOPPPPSSSS.

Thanks ColdAsh ..........my mistake in the heat of the moment.
In Aust., these mics were reduced from $299 to $199 which of course equates to $150US and $100US.
I am waiting for Monday morning when I intend to contact the Aust distributor and query their prices.

ChrisO :cool:

Damn! Go ahead - ask me how much I'd like a good pair of matched small condensors for nylon-string.

Waiting in eager anticipation...

do you all think this $35 mic will perform better than a sm57 for acoustic guitar/vocal?

just curious since all i have is a 57........lol..

Shag,

It depends whether the noise is too high to be used for acoustic guitar or not. I'm pretty sure you'll like the sound of your guitar much better. Vocals are a different story. The SM57 will probably do a better job on vocals. The two mics I ordered will be here next Thursday, and I'll check them out as soon as they arrive.

Just got my pair today!!!! Will check 'em out after I help my daughter with her homerwork, wash the dishes, take out the garbage, eat dinner and wash a few clothes!!!:( SIGH!!!!
I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve who can't play with his new toys until Christmas!

I couldn't wait...

I tried to be good, honest!

But I went the whole weekend without buying anything and the Mrs. spent the football hours buying slipcovers and pillows and such so I had to get myself 2 of the ECM8000 's.

I can't wait to try these out as drum overheads.

Harvey, any news on how they stack up against the Audix TR-40's?

Also, an engineer friend of mine used to love to record drums from far field with a pzm on the floor at about 15-20 feet away. (it's an old Peter Gabriel trick he assured me) His results were always stellar providing the room was pretty big and the floor was wood.

Now in my crummy basement with the hard floor and lower celing
how could I approximate this techique. ( How far can I reallly back that mike up hehe) I am not sure what model/brand PZM it was...

thanks-

nP

Oh yeah, I noticed in the studio pictures an air conditioner behind the drums in the photos. I suppose the poor drummer only gets the cool aire when he plays his parts correctly? hahaha

Since I consider myself the self proclaimed KING of BAD & WILD mic-positioning and will use ANY MIC in ANY type of session,
I'm gonna use 'em to do some craz-ee-@ss stereo mic'ing of several git & bass amps,(maybe point 1 head on towards the speaker and 1 directly behind the speaker inside the cab's opening). Orrrrr, hook up my drum machine to several amp's
(Hi-end Cymbals to 2 git amps and low end-Kick to my bass speakers and mic both accordingly and try to simulate actual kit
mic'ing!!:eek:

1st, gotta' go to the store and pick up a 6-pack of Heinekens!

Damn, I hate youz guys; you already have yours? :(

According to UPS, mine are on their way to Illinois, and won't be here till this Thursday. So, how do they sound?

I'll report my unscientific findings as soon as I get home from work!!!!!

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

the Mrs. spent the football hours buying slipcovers and pillows and such so I had to get myself 2 of the ECM8000 's.

rofl..my wife walks in with shopping bags and i'm like "ok now...i'm buying a new guitar!!"...

if we're not careful we'll be in debt out of our ass because of this logic lol...

CDT-sHaG said:

rofl..my wife walks in with shopping bags and i'm like "ok now...i'm buying a new guitar!!"...

if we're not careful we'll be in debt out of our ass because of this logic lol...

Truer word's have never been spoken!! ANYTIME my wife
purchases ANY article of clothing,houseware, etc., it justify's my reason to purchase any gear!!!!!

oh yes!

MISTERQCUE said:

Truer word's have never been spoken!! ANYTIME my wife
purchases ANY article of clothing,houseware, etc., it justify's my reason to purchase any gear!!!!!

Yeah, I haven't used that as a justification to buy gear until now. Usually my wife actually buys the gear for me because she buys other stuff, but the mics were just too good to pass up, especially if they get Harvey's approval.

Now, let's hope she really buys some stuff once the vt-1 and the B-series mics come out. hehe

nP

im lucky my wife is a shop-a-holic!!!

lol..but the ratio of her shit to my shit is waaaay too unbalanced in her favor...her shoe colection alone is worth a vintage les paul lol...:confused: :D

lol...:( :)

Back