Behringer may have just taken the lead in "Best Bang/buck" mics

You can get away without using delays and whatever on a daw by just blowing up your waveforms and time aligning everything real nice. OR you can just print the delay effect if you cant zoom far enough to see the offset and save CPU.
Does anyone screw with the timing on the disatant room mics at all? I find that these dont seem to need it much, as they idea is to get a far away "natural" reverb, in a way.

Finally...

(hopefully)

MF has finally shipped my mics... Hmmm KS to MD? Might have 'em by the weekend... :)

Queue

Try flipping the phase on one of the mics and position them so that you get the quitest sound possible (barely audible), then flip the phase back and they will now be almost perfectly in phase (no delaying effects, no nothin' ;)).

-tkr

man sometimes I just hate guitar center.

I was going to buy 2 of them there because 8th street is out of stock, zzounds is out of stock, and I don't like musiciansfriend.

So i called them and the guy says 2? why 2? So i told him I'm using them for overheads...I'm sure everyone knows what he said next.....

"Why don't you check out the oktava mc012"

Not to dis them, but these are $35 and reading this thread is research enough for me.

So he starts saying, "they won't sound good...you're really not going to be happy with them, we don't allow returns on mics" I told him it was an omni small diaphram with a flat response and that was what I was looking for..."Yeah but the oktava..."

I'm sorry I'd trust harvey and most everyone else in here more then the guitar center guy.

I went through the EXACT same thing with my c1. Alan hyatt said if we all went in there and asked about it, they'd wake up and possibly start selling them. I thought maybe they could order one. I felt like it was my civil duty....

It was the same guitar center salesman and he laughed at me when I told him it was similar to a u87 and $200. Why don't you check out the oktava 319??? NONE of the guitar center employees have even heard about it nor did they care.

I know I know...it's not a perfect world and he's just trying to make commision and pay his bills.

I just got to try mine as over heads this weekend and I will have to say not bad not bad
at all.

Executivos,
It takes years to deprogram those guys if they ever break free of the cult...

You said you hated Musicians Friend....

did you know that GC and MF are the same people...?

At least you tried....

Queue

easy way to deal with loosers vote with your feet i too am sick of these sales fools dont worry i have enough of them over this way once you find a decent person to work with stick with them and dont bother with the rest

I sent MF a blazing email when my "In Stock" order mysteriously became "Warehouse Back Ordered". Actually got a nice, and apologetic reply. I told myself once before I would never buy from them again, I hope I listen this time...

Queue

Queue said:
Executivos,
It takes years to deprogram those guys if they ever break free of the cult...

You said you hated Musicians Friend....

did you know that GC and MF are the same people...?

At least you tried....

Queue

Yeah I knew they were the same. Actually I asked them that once (guitar center) and they said they "aren't the same company they just have some kind of partnership which allows us to carry the same merchandise"

I think that qualifies as code for...the same people.

The reason I don't like musicians friend is that they always ship things individually. I orderd a mic cable, a $10 dynamic mic and a mic stand. I got three shipments from ups. That meant that I had to go to ups 2 of the times because I wasn't home.

Next time I ordered I asked them "Please...ship it all together" No problem I'll make a note of it.

I think he forgot to make a note of it.

Hello Harvey,

Please help me. I need to know how they sound
with a quiet acoustic. That is the main reason I'll
be buying one. Thank you.

Epi

ecm8000 and acoustic guitars

I just posted this little test .mp3 this morning for another thread.Appologies for the cross post.
ECM8000 omni condensor recording nylon string classical and steel string dreadnaught.Mic position 5-8" from 10th fret,no compression or other effects,just dry tracks.

Tom

Nice Sound?

Tom,
Those omnis by Behringer don't sound hyped in the high end at all. They seem relatively flat, but with a strong low-mid flavor. Could just be the source material though. What kind of steel string was that?

the guitars used were a Rhythm Band RB612 concert model classical and the cedar-top dreadnaught is a Nashville prototype for IMC (never saw production).
Tom

I will not let this thread die until the HARV-MIESTER provides us
with anutha' BANG for the BUCK!!!!!!

MISTERQCUE said:
I will not let this thread die until the HARV-MIESTER provides us
with anutha' BANG for the BUCK!!!!!!

here here! (or is it hear hear?)

we want the magical $35 ribbon mic next!

HAHAHAHA :D

nP

So is it just mine or did Behringer find the most odorously stinky materials for the cases on these things?

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU :eek:

Queue

Hmmm

Queue said:
So is it just mine or did Behringer find the most odorously stinky materials for the cases on these things?

PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU :eek:

Queue

I was afraid to say anything about it, I thought it was just my abnormal sense of smell

hehe

nP (eeyew)

Back