Behringer ECM8000 one trick pony?

wmalan

Looking at getting the ecm8000 to anylize my room. Are there any other low cost condenser mics that would maybe be good for anylisis and say vocals or acoustic guitar? Or does the process require this design of mic?

Thanks.
Bill

Tom, that's hope. I'll ask around a bit for more info especially as using it for acoustic would be useful.
PRHunt, I'll email them as well.

Thanks!
Bill

Tom, that's hope. I'll ask around a bit for more info especially as using it for acoustic would be useful.
PRHunt, I'll email them as well.

Thanks!
Bill

I no longer own the ecm's, but I used to have a pair. They can sound quite nice on acoustic guitar. The only complaint would be a bit of self noise from the mics. But self noise is a common trait for small diaphragm omnis, even far more expensive ones. Search out some posts from Harvey Gerst on these mics. He has used them and likes them. In that price range they are very good indeed, and quite accurate sounding.

I no longer own the ecm's, but I used to have a pair. They can sound quite nice on acoustic guitar. The only complaint would be a bit of self noise from the mics. But self noise is a common trait for small diaphragm omnis, even far more expensive ones. Search out some posts from Harvey Gerst on these mics. He has used them and likes them. In that price range they are very good indeed, and quite accurate sounding.

Jon emailed me back (very helpful btw). His opinion is to just pickup the single measurement mic for room testing only. Then buy a better suited pair of condenser mics for acoustic guitar and vocals. He sited the noise as well. His choice was the Dayton EMM6 but the emc8000 would work as well. Both around the same price.

Bill

Back