Audix C212B, someone knows something about this microphone

cgomez

Audix Cx212B, someone knows something about this microphone

Hi, it's my first post in this forum, i have a question... in my search on youtube I found this microphone, and was surprised with their quality...

Plase check this video

can someone tell me about this mic?

Last edited:
It's a CX212B not C212B, then google is your friend. Link and link review.

Cheers
Alan.

P.S: Those with questions about "I can't get a good vocal sound" should have a look at the video, this is how it's done, correct mic technique, great vocals. This guy could almost use any mic and sound good.

I did not realize I had mistyped the model of the microphone. Thank you for your answer.

I wonder why this microphone and I see it as a very good option considering its price and quality.

I have other options, but unfortunately I have no chance to try any of them, have known all my behringer and samson.. except one, which has a akg c12vr... but that will not let me range comparison.

The audix is hyped in the high end especially compared to the neumann.
Listen to the ess sounds when he changes from the neumann to the audix and you will see what i mean.
It might sound ok but it gets really annoying when you have to overtreat just to get rid of the essey sounds, because they quickly start to grate on the ear.
I should know i have my share of bright hyped mics.
I guess at the right price point the mic would come in handy for some people but not for everyone.
And yer he does a good job btw.

Back