audio technica transmitter mic socket replacement??

_brian_

Hello, I have an Audio Technica ATW-T310 UHF transmitter. The socket for this is completely beyond use, it's the four pin push locking type. If i remember correctly it's a rose type connector or something.

I've been looking to replace this for some time now, I just don't know where to source the socket. Do any of you know where I could get one?

If I cannot get a new socket, since we use sennheiser mics as well, I was thinking about installing an inline mini-jack lockable socket so we can at least use the transmitter with sennheiser mics.

If all else fails, do you think the readily available lockable mini-jack sockets would be compatible with the sennheiser mic plugs?

This is the transmitter:

http://wwwnew.towson.edu/classroomt.../ITEMS_TRANSMITTER_AUDIOTECHNICA_ATW-T310.jpg

Thanks a lot to all that help!

Is sending it back to AT in leeds not an option?
they're very helpful at least they were with me.

Hey kip, I'm afraid not. The organization i work with is a charity, so I would much rather repair it for the least amount of cash possible.

This transmitter is in a bit of a mess as well, It's been repaired many times due to it being dropped etc. So they might end up charging us more to repair it up to original spec.

Cheers

Wow thanks for that Jon, that's a great help cheers. I'll go away now and do some research with the info you've given me! :)

I'd still call AT and blag it. tell them you're a charitable organisation with no budget that this pack has given you many good years of service and you'd really like to carry on using it. Heck they may even offer to sponser you with a new one if you offer to give them publicity on your website.
What have you got to lose.
Good luck with the repairs/blagging and if all else fails pm me i'll take a look for you. No charge if you pay postage.

Some man kip, thanks! I'll see what I can do first, I don't deal with the marketing side of things and am not sure about advertising policy - but I'll find out.

Cheers :)

Canford also sell Hirose connectors and will take single orders with a credit/debit card.

I agree they're a pain to work with though--had to do far too much with them with Sony radio mics.

Thanks for all your help everyone, I got the spare male socket through today and fitted it.

It's working perfectly!

Cheers :)

Back