Audio Technica AT4040 or Blue Bluebird???

Maverick87

Im putting together a home studio and already picked out everything that Im getting. For mics Im gonna start my future collection with a Shure SM 58 and Beta 58, but I know eventually Im going to want some condensors as well. So, I was wondering if you had to pick between the AT4040 or Bluebird, which would you pick?

I record rap/hip hop music, and just vocals for now, no instrument micing necessary yet. They are about the same price and I noticed that the AT4040 has the high pass filter switch, and I told myself I want that feature when I decide to get a condensor. I didnt see anything that said the Bluebird has the bass cut/high pass filter switch. Ive heard great reviews about the Bluebird though, but I guess I can say the same for the AT4040. What do you guys think?

I prefer a clear, crisp vocal, and need the mic that will be more effective at catching more frequencies of the vocals and less of background noise(yes i know condensors do this a lot more than dynamics). Which do you guys feel is the better sounding mic in general? Pros and cons of both?

It will be ran though a FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 USB Interface/Preamp, and into a Dell Inspiron 15R Laptop i3 processor n 6gb RAM. The bedroom studio will have some ProSoundFoam.

Im actually thron between these two mics too. They both look sweet. From what ive heard bluebird is more of an instrument mic, not so much for vocals.

Really? Is it THAT good? Im looking for my second condenser and Im trying to decide between blue mikes and several audio technica. Would be used for various aplications (electric & acoustic guitar, drums and voice). I mean, I want to have a good quality mic that I can rely on along with my c4000 in order to choose the best one for a specific purpose (or use both in some cases)

Back