Audio Technica AT2020

kys1991

Does anyone has any idea regarding this microphone?(Audio Technica AT2020) I gonna buy it soon as i plan to use it for my recording. Does anyone has experience in using this microphone?:D They have both different output connecter but i'm not gonna buy the USB one for recording.

186943.jpg

oops you mentioned the U word. Not many fans around here depending on what you're using it to record.
What are you going to record, Podcasts?

I think it's a fine choice for a microphone. I've used an AT2035, pretty close to the AT2020. You can get some pretty good sounds out of it.

Unbeatable at the price. Sound on Sound magazines favourite budget microphone.

I also own a AT2035 and 2 x AT2010, the 2010 is interesting, it's basically a hand held version of the 2020. I actually love the sound of Audio Technica mics, I also own 3 AT3525 mics which are no longer made, I use them on female vocal, toms and percussion.

Alan.

oops you mentioned the U word. Not many fans around here depending on what you're using it to record.
What are you going to record, Podcasts?

I am planning to make it for song covers. Is that the right choice for me as I have limit in my budget. Anyhow, I have heard a lot of positive comments around. :)

Unbeatable at the price. Sound on Sound magazines favourite budget microphone.

I also own a AT2035 and 2 x AT2010, the 2010 is interesting, it's basically a hand held version of the 2020. I actually love the sound of Audio Technica mics, I also own 3 AT3525 mics which are no longer made, I use them on female vocal, toms and percussion.

Alan.

Yeah..it's quite cheap when come in price...So Do you recommend the AT2020 for vocal recording? :)

Do you plan on recording live instruments and vocals for you're covers? or just the vocals?
Do you intend to use more than one mic at a time in the future?

Does anyone has any idea regarding this microphone?(Audio Technica AT2020) I gonna buy it soon as i plan to use it for my recording. Does anyone has experience in using this microphone?:D They have both different output connecter but i'm not gonna buy the USB one for recording.

View attachment 69931

AT make good value for money mics that are, in most cases, excellent for the price.

Do you plan on recording live instruments and vocals for you're covers? or just the vocals?
Do you intend to use more than one mic at a time in the future?

Hmmm...most probably both... But will be focused more on vocals part. Yeah..I do intend to use more than one mic in the future. :)

Yeah..it's quite cheap when come in price...So Do you recommend the AT2020 for vocal recording? :)

You should get a very reasonable vocal recording from this mic, I have not used the 2020 for vocals but I have used the 2035 which sounds identical to the 2020 with the pad and bass rolloff turned off and it sounded fine. I have also used the 2010 (with a live band playing in the room) which turned in a very good vocal sound. There is always a better mic out there but don't forget the cheap price, better mics will cost a lot more.

You will need a Pop screen when doing vocals.

Alan

Back