Audio Technica AT2020

iSeanTimmins

I'm buying the Audio Technica AT2020 USB. What else will I need to buy for it? I have a stand and mic clip,pop screen and shock mount. What else will I need for this to work perfect? I have a laptop. Its brand new, windows 7. Will everything work okay? or do I need something else? or is everything I have okay?

I'm just going to use it for recording vocals. How could I be able to hear myself in my headphones? and I will have to have the music playing a long with it. I'm new to this lol.

Thanks for the answers. I appreciate them.

Sean.
:)

You should be all set with what you have. The way you will hear yourself in your headphones is set up in your audio program. What program will you be using to record?

You're set with what you have, the only question is if you currently have a DAW to run it in?
You won't really be able to record much without a DAW... The only one that I know of that's completely free is Audacity (which is technically not a DAW, but you can still use it for recording).

Hi,

For me I bought a pop filter, samson SP01 shockmount, mic stand, and a centrance mic port preamp which allows you to connect your mic and also headphone to the laptop. Are you using a USB one?

Back