AT2035 vs AKG P220

• AT2035

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • AKG P220

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

MrJagsterS

Hey all.

I'm gonna be getting a new mic to pair with my soon to be purchased Mackie 402vlz4 mixer. However I am finally stuck between these 2 microphones.

I will be using them solely for voice-overs/pod casting/live commentaries etc.

Which will give me a warmer/cleaner and overall "better" sound?

P.S. The Mackie will have high and low EQ so take into account that I can also do some EQ to sort out certain issues.

Many thanks :)

Jagster, considering that was your first and only post, I suspect you may never be heard from again.

But just in case . . . which did you end up choosing?

Jagster, considering that was your first and only post, I suspect you may never be heard from again.

But just in case . . . which did you end up choosing?

I'm still here hehe.

In the end I decided it was something I wanted to purchase later down the line so I grabbed a mod mic for my hd598's and am probably gonna grab a condenser mic next year.

I'm still here hehe.

In the end I decided it was something I wanted to purchase later down the line so I grabbed a mod mic for my hd598's and am probably gonna grab a condenser mic next year.

Ha! Glad to have provoked your second post :)

I'm about to choose between the AKG P220 and AT2035 myself, so if anyone stumbles into this thread, feel free to offer your two cents. Will mostly be used to record vocals, acoustic guitar, and voice-overs.

For you I'd definitely go for at2035. I'd only go for the other is your want a nice deep podcasting voice. At2035 is great for vocals and instruments

Back