AT2035 or PG81 for drum OH?

guitarplayr82

I know these are extremely different mics, but which would you choose to use two of for drum overheads if these were your only choices, and why? Consider you are recording in an untreated basement.

You have a pair of both of these mics? Why don't you try each of them out and decide which you like best?

I've never used a 2035, but I own a PG81 and I can tell you it's not that great. Go with the AT2035's.

As far as over heads go you get a bit different results between SDC and LDC and your music style should dictate which ones to use .... What do you mainly record for music flavor?

You have a pair of both of these mics? Why don't you try each of them out and decide which you like best?

I've never used a 2035, but I own a PG81 and I can tell you it's not that great. Go with the AT2035's.

I don't have a pair of both of these mics, but there might be a situation coming up where I'll have to choose between them without being able to test them.

As far as over heads go you get a bit different results between SDC and LDC and your music style should dictate which ones to use .... What do you mainly record for music flavor?

The music recorded with these will be light rock with moderate amounts of cymbals. The rest of the kit will be mic'd up too, BTW.

Back