Which AT2020 will fit my needs ?

dvd_video

Hi,

As I am aiming for better PC compatibility and audio quality and I'm gonna use the USB option line.

I gotta chose between USB, USB+ and USBi.

I am mainly recording game steams, Skype conversations and making youtube videos.

1. USBi offers the best ADC 24bit 94 kHz sampling rate and a wider vocal range. It is also the priciest one
Audio-Technica AT2020USBI | Desktop.bg - Сглоби твоята машина
AT2020USBi - USB Cardioid Condenser Microphone | Audio-Technica
2. USB+ offers a wider vocal range and a bunch of inputs and knobs for controlling the audio steam as the middle-range price
Audio-Technica AT2020USB+ | Photocamera.bg - Запази мига
AT2020USB+ - USB Cardioid Condenser Microphone | Audio-Technica
3. The plain USB version has the same audio resolution as USB+ and just a volume knob and it is also the cheapest. Yes I know the link is for the XLR version ...
Audio-Technica AT2020 | Photocamera.bg - Запази мига

So my questions are the following:

1. Can I really distinguish the 24 bit resolution of 16 bit resolution. I guess the audio will be more clear, otherwise do you think USBi is worth the money ?
2. As I am be mainly home steaming from my PC USB+ seems to be the better option, but do I really need this audio output anyway ?
3. I suppose all of these are compatible with the apple stuff. Does this mean that it will be compatible with my Note 4 phone ?
4. The plain USB version is the cheapest one, but this does not make it less OK since it's a very good mic. Only looses the headphone mixer.
5. In the review, they are talking about an audio delay, how much is that delay and will I have an audio that falls behind relative to the picture ?
6. My current mic is Philips SBC MD150 karaoke. Do you thing there will be improvement in my recordings ?

Which one if these three must be the best option according to you guys ?

Last edited:
1. No, you can't.

2. No, you don't.

3. Unknown, and I doubt it.

4. Correct. I wild go with the cheapest for your application.

5. I didn't read the review...but they are almost certainly talking about MONITORING latency. It should line up just fine with your recording.

6. Unknown. Maybe. Maybe not.

Anyone have a clue as to what this 'XLR' connector fits? :eek:

Attachments

• razor xlr.jpg
    razor xlr.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back