AT2020 STILL Quiet after getting behringer uphoria

after looking at that behringer interface, i'm sorry , but i think you made a bad purchase. built cheap and probably is your problem.

after looking at that behringer interface, i'm sorry , but i think you made a bad purchase. built cheap and probably is your problem.

Guess you missed this........
OK GUYS I;M HAPPY TO SAY THAT THE XLR TO XLR WAS THE PROBLEM!! It just came in and it works like a charm. Thank you all so much for the help, I never would've done this without you! Thanks! :)
The Behringer series of interfaces seem to get not too bad of a rep on a few other forums for an inexpensive piece of gear.

OK GUYS I;M HAPPY TO SAY THAT THE XLR TO XLR WAS THE PROBLEM!! It just came in and it works like a charm. Thank you all so much for the help, I never wouldve done this without you! Thanks! :)

That's some good news! I hope you will send us some "listins" when you get some!

Open Circuit some where, probably the cable.

Told Ya! ^ I repeat: All you would be recordists...Get a Freakin' METER!!

Dave.

Pish and tush! RadioShack 15-Range Digital Multimeter

30 bucks, around 25 quid buys you a perfectly decent digi meter. Top marks on the Berry cable tester but it can't do phantom power, resistance and battery checks.

Dave.

I don't think my reply to Mark was rubbish or nonsense at all Dave. As far as needing to be able to test resistance, phantom power and battery checks, BFD! Go ahead and check your 9 volt battery and watch it piss out half way through your performance, because your $27.00 RS meter said it was in fact, a 9 volt battery.

When you have a person who is asking how to plug in a audio interface or how to get a DAW to recognize it, do ya really think they could gives a RAs or even figure out what pin to check, what setting to use, what voltage range they need or what resistance it has to be to check for broken wires or corrosion?

I have expensive meters and I know how to use each setting as I have used them for decades. As far as testing audio cable gear, this is one case where "less is more".

I got my battery-operated multimeter from Harbor Freight free (with a purchase). It may not be worth much more, but it does work.

Pish and tush! RadioShack 15-Range Digital Multimeter

30 bucks, around 25 quid buys you a perfectly decent digi meter. Top marks on the Berry cable tester but it can't do phantom power, resistance and battery checks.

Dave.
It won't measure phantom, but will verify there is something for phantom present. One particularly handy feature of the CT-100 is the test tone. I do have an inexpensive DMM sitting next to the CT-100. They both have their place in usage. The CT-100 is quick for cable checks with no fumbling around with probes on connector pins.

This is one meter I have that was reasonably priced and of decent quality.... Extech MN35 Digital Mini MultiMeter - Multi Testers - Amazon.com

I don't think my reply to Mark was rubbish or nonsense at all Dave. As far as needing to be able to test resistance, phantom power and battery checks, BFD! Go ahead and check your 9 volt battery and watch it piss out half way through your performance, because your $27.00 RS meter said it was in fact, a 9 volt battery.

When you have a person who is asking how to plug in a audio interface or how to get a DAW to recognize it, do ya really think they could gives a RAs or even figure out what pin to check, what setting to use, what voltage range they need or what resistance it has to be to check for broken wires or corrosion?

I have expensive meters and I know how to use each setting as I have used them for decades. As far as testing audio cable gear, this is one case where "less is more".

Once again Mac' our 'common language' has caused misunderstanding! 'Pish and tush' is very polite phrase that certainly does not mean you are talking rubbish, more that my PERSONAL opinion is that the OP could easily buy a very useful meter for $30. Yes, the Behringer cable tester is fit for purpose* but it is a one trick pony.

Very sorry if any offence was caused.

*It is also, as you might expect of Bellringers, a shameful (if they HAD any!) rip off of another product!

Dave.

*It is also, as you might expect of Bellringers, a shameful (if they HAD any!) rip off of another product!

God Bless them and their value engineering....Behringer early on got a bad name for shit products...not even close to the original company. Complete new ownership and management. Behringer is making some very fine equipment that performs well at a great value.

Their new interfaces and digital mixers have put pressure on all the competition to up their game or get left in the dust.

It amuses me when I hear people spouting off about how their products are shit without ever actually owning or doing a one on one legit comparison.

God Bless them and their value engineering....Behringer early on got a bad name for shit products...not even close to the original company. Complete new ownership and management. Behringer is making some very fine equipment that performs well at a great value.

Their new interfaces and digital mixers have put pressure on all the competition to up their game or get left in the dust.

It amuses me when I hear people spouting off about how their products are shit without ever actually owning or doing a one on one legit comparison.

On the contrary I have had several Behringer products. I have an X802 in my bedroom that has run continuously for 5 years or so. I have had 3 UCA202 interfaces and always recommend them for such low fi duties as tape dubbing (#3 is the RIAA version, yet to try it) I have a BCA2000 in the loft. Brilliant concept, never been equalled IMHO but drivers were crap and reliability worse.

Yes, their upmarket mixer kit gets a very good rep but I was referring to their ripoff antics and they are STILL at it. They make a cosmetically identical amp to 'our' HT-5 and the HT-20 (and maybe others for all I know) How good the internals are I do not know.

When the X32 came out Sound on Sound gave it a good review and invited Uli on to the magazine for a Q&A session. We were very excited about this and YOU BET we had our questions ready!....He bottled it at the 11'th hour.

Dave.

Yo EC the comment about not owning a Behringer product was not aimed at you ...there were a few comments above that inferred behringer is shit...

But ......in regards to Rip-off / Copy...If it isn't protected by a patent or copyright all bets are off and no manufacturer in their right mind would not "improve on" a successful product of a competitor. It's just the nature of the beast...Behringer and Mackie kind of neck and neck led the way on digital mixers controlled by ipads and the competitors Line 6, QSC, Soundcraft were all quick to jump on board with their own iterations...least that's how recall it going down... I appreciate innovation and also understand and expect imitation when something is "new and improved" that's what keeps prices reasonable. I am currently working on a shower pan system that will turn the industry upside down...I believe and hope it is patentable and will do everything I can to protect my competitors from copying it...That said the minute I start taking market share my competitors will be beating their heads against a wall to find a work around the patent...or just infringe and make me fight them ...which sucks...again just the nature of the beast called business..... That question Ray Kroc asked Mac McDonald in "The Founder" "If I see my enemy drowning I'll stick a hose down his throat and help drown him...are you willing to do that Mac?" Big business ain't playing...

Yo EC the comment about not owning a Behringer product was not aimed at you ...there were a few comments above that inferred behringer is shit...

But ......in regards to Rip-off / Copy...If it isn't protected by a patent or copyright all bets are off and no manufacturer in their right mind would not "improve on" a successful product of a competitor. It's just the nature of the beast...Behringer and Mackie kind of neck and neck led the way on digital mixers controlled by ipads and the competitors Line 6, QSC, Soundcraft were all quick to jump on board with their own iterations...least that's how recall it going down... I appreciate innovation and also understand and expect imitation when something is "new and improved" that's what keeps prices reasonable. I am currently working on a shower pan system that will turn the industry upside down...I believe and hope it is patentable and will do everything I can to protect my competitors from copying it...That said the minute I start taking market share my competitors will be beating their heads against a wall to find a work around the patent...or just infringe and make me fight them ...which sucks...again just the nature of the beast called business..... That question Ray Kroc asked Mac McDonald in "The Founder" "If I see my enemy drowning I'll stick a hose down his throat and help drown him...are you willing to do that Mac?" Big business ain't playing...

Some years ago a (conservative!) politician spoke of "The unacceptable face of Capitalism" I no longer remember who or what it was about but the phrase stuck.

IMO Behringer are one such face. The attached images show the amplifiers are not 'convergent design' (all valve gitamps are!) but a total copy by lazy bastards who don't want to, or do not have the talent to design their own equipment.

This 'wild west, free for all' idea of business has to stop sometime. The discussions are now beginning as to what 'industry' is for and for whom? The rise of rampant globalization, 'automation' and the depression of wages, zero hrs contracts etc has seem millions with no job and millions that have them still unable to earn a decent living. Nurse using FOOD BANKS FCS!

I said, "discussions started"? Interesting isn't it that now that technology and AI is moving into 'professional' jobs and affecting the chattering classes people are beginning to wake up!

Dave.

Attachments

• G5%20INFINIUM_P0ATD_Front_L.png
    G5%20INFINIUM_P0ATD_Front_L.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 6
  • xxlm_24302-HT5RH.jpg
    xxlm_24302-HT5RH.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 2
That is a REALLY cool tool! I have several multi meters but this is a VERY cool tester to keep in my gig bag ...I'm getting one...

yes I recommend it if you don't know or don't want to build a cable test box. The tone generator comes in handy when you need one too.

Back