ART Tube MP Project Series Preamp

avieth

I'm planning on recording an album soon, so in addition to buying an M-Audio Delta 44, I will need some preamps. So I came across the ART Tube MP Project preamp. It's fairly cheap and got some good reviews. Has anyone tried it out?

All I know is what you know about it that it is cheap and got fairly good reviews. I was thinking of using it as a direct line in for bass.

i have one and i promise you wont be disappointed with it. plug it in about 5 to ten mins before your session to let the tube warm up you'll be happy.

yea its not bad ive used it for a while (stopped with my three new songs) and gonna prolly use it again...pretty decent for the price...

I'm no expert, but I've used some of the budget preamps mentioned.

The Tube MP is a solid bass DI, and on rock vocals I imagine it has its place. But it's a bit noisy and lo-fi compared to other options. Like the DMP-3. I actually use DMP-2 pres that are built into my Omni mixer thing... they are clean and clear. A big step over the Tube MP for most uses, IMHO.

I've not used the VTB-1 but by all accounts it's clean and you can dial is a bit of "tewb" distortion, if you're into that.

It's in a bit of another price league, but I use the Groove Tubes Brick for vocals and bass, and it's VERY nice. Doesn't have all the gain in the world, but adds a certain something I find very useful.

Between the Brick and the M-Audio pres, I find I have most bases covered.

No-go on the tubefire thing. I need a linux-compatible interface, and I'm not sure if FFAD supports it yet.

I went out to the music store the other day to check some retail prices, $175 for the delta 44, $130 for tube MP project... I'll stick to eBay.

Didsnt no the dmp3 was that cheap. For 140 you might as well just go ahead and grab the dmp3. How does the bass di on the dmp3 compare to the bass di for the art tube mp?

Back