Art "Hot kit" w APEX 430 Condenser

I bought the same kit at Mars last year, because I wanted a 430 anyways. Apex is Yorkville, and it's the standard cheap chinese condensor mic. It sounds pretty good, actually, I have gotten much use out of it.

H2H

Not familiar with Yorkville...

so did you use it for mostly vocals?

The tube MP is already $100 and I figure the accessories will add up to almost 50 more anyway (pop filter, shock mount etc) but I wasn't sure about the mic, I guess it never hurts to have another choice....

nP

Hey I was looking at that same package and was wondering about the quality of the mic to so if you if you happen to get one or find anything else about it please inform me.

Thanks in advance!
Illdivine

The Apex 430 condenser mic is one of many chinese-made
large diaphragm mics, made from the same factory and/or tooling as the Marshall MXL2001P and Nady SCM900. It has the 1" mic element and a transformer-coupled output. All of these mics looks similar but are not identical in metalwork and they do sound different from each other.

Since Mars is selling the Tube Mp for $79, that means you are paying $120 for the mic....not a bad price for a decent mic....but you can do better with a Marshall MXLv67 for $149......

total price $228.....

Back