Array mic

Sorry if it doesn't have a rubber vagina built into it than it's not worth the price! If I can't have sex with it, it's not worth over $3000 of my dollars. That's my #5 rule of life and it's gotten me this far!!!

OUCH! Having spent the past three years in a NASA-sponsored grant and the past three summers in sessions at the Goddard Space Center, I can only say that NASA and the people that work for it are amazing and couldn't make me prouder of America. While watching them routinely bounce laser beams off of satellites traveling at 18000mph and a few hundred miles up and away so they could adjust their orbits to within 1cm (by this summer it will be within 1mm), it dawned on me, since they were also bouncing lasers off of mirrors that they left on the moon in the 60s and 70s, that while our representatives cut their budget in the name of saving money for "our children", NASA is a group of people who are actually thinking beyond, planning beyond, and working beyond our grandchildren's time.
I got to see just mind-blowing stuff (including the new James Webb telescope being assembled and the acoustic chamber where they test for potential noise damage from rocket engines---now that's a WOOFER). I just can't say enough about, or for, the people that are working for us at NASA.

But . . . I digress: yes, it looks like the mic I linked to was designed for conferencing but I'm intrigued by the idea of a mic tracking a source.

Paj
8^)

I was just kidding with that response. Hence the :D.
It is an integrating technology though.

Sorry if I got too serious too quickly.

It's kind of fascinating that the two mics mentioned have different objectives and approaches.

Paj

Back