anyone use the APEX 460?

rythefly

I have heard this mic is amazing for a inexpensive tube mic. Is this true?
apparently it won a 20 mic shoot out competing with high end neumanns and other top quality mics.... Any help would be cool.

Let's see, do I lower myself to this type of cheap slanderous mockery or do I go on with my life as if a fly was buzzing in my ear and a light breeze blew him away to the poopile he came from? Ah, the morning sun rises.

Kenny how do you find that thing for location recording? :D

Ry here's $20. Go get yerself a pro mic

what friendly people on here....

all I asked for was whether there was truth to what the sales guy told me at my local music store....

what I get is... "i got one, they're fantastic!" and a link to industrial machinery!

Kenny, If you weren't a jackass, I wouldn't have called you one.... next time maybe you can HELP a newbie by just saying "no, it's a shitty mic, the guy fed you a bunch of lies!!"

That's all I was after.... nothing more

Oh, one more thing, KRS thanks for your 2 cents as well (I mean $20)

Sorry there too buddy. One thing to remember - the guy giving you the sales pitch is usually in no position to give you good advice (both from the experience and conflict-of-interest points of view).

Come here to do your research on products. This site is one the best online to do so :D

ps I have used the apex 450. It was ok. Little brittle up top.

My experience in other forums has been that the people that REALLY know there stuff tend to be the most helpful. I haven't really checked out to many posts here but I really hope its not full of people who play rockstar by recording on their parents Dell. What a waste of bandwidth this originally sincere request for peoples insites turned out to be.

Back