Am I ready for a new home studio?

atifkt

Banned
I am planning to get a new microphone with a focusrite 2i2. So I wanted to ask if the mxl v67g is good enough in a 100$ price point or there is some other microphone better than that for the same price point?

I'm getting the following items for my home studio. Are they good enough -

* Amazon.com: Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter: Musical Instruments ( Nady MPF-6 6-Inch Clamp On Microphone Pop Filter )
* Amazon.com: Samson SP01 Shockmount Spider Mount for Condenser Mics: Musical Instruments ( Samson SP01 Shockmount Spider Mount for Condenser Mics )
* Amazon.com: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interface: Musical Instruments ( Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 In/2 Out USB Recording Audio Interface )
* Amazon.com: MXL V67G Large Capsule Condenser Microphone: Musical Instruments ( MXL V67G Large Capsule Condenser Microphone )
* Amazon.com: XLR male to XLR female Microphone Cable - 15 feet: Electronics ( XLR male to XLR female Microphone Cable - 15 feet )
* Amazon.com: On Stage Stands MS7701 Tripod Boom Microphone Stand: Musical Instruments ( On Stage Stands MS7701 Tripod Boom Microphone Stand )

Just confirming do I really need a shockmount? And will it fit ( the mentioned shockmount ) in the mxl v67g?

Yes you need a shockmount and do your homework it might fit it might not
check out the mic specs for body diameter and check against the shockmount size.
And please hurry up and take the plunge. You now have a post count of 120 and you havent done anything but talk about it.
I cant wait to hear your stuff in the mp3 clinic.
Dive right in and order up pls. This is killing me now

Amazon is nice. The bill is 310$ and I'll pay 350$ including the importing duties. Whereas the same products would've cost me around 600$ from the local site.

It all depends on your voice and your room man.

The mic might suit you perfectly, or it might be the worst match in the world.

Don't worry too much though. If it's on order, just wait for it to come and find out.

If it doesn't immediately make you crap with delight DON'T PANIC and go selling/buying/selling/buying stuff.
Take some time; Get to know your new gear, then come back and let us know how you're getting on.

Quite often the basics in mic position, distance, technique, reverb+eq settings etc can make the world of difference.

Good luck. :)

But its one of the best in its price range. right? Because I can only spend a few more money on mic. Any suggestions?

And the list is gave. Is that enough for a home studio or is there something missing?

I'm asking because I'm ordering from amazon international site. It'll take time and import duties for the product. And the returning procedure is time consuming too. So it's best to get the best products from the starting

Back