All around mic collection

Bathtubgin

I'm setting up a studio that will need to be used for almost every type of instrument and music style. It will be mostly pianos, guitars, and drums, but I'll almost definately be recording horns, strings, and choir groups. I presently have 2 Electrovoice cardiods and 2 AKG Omnis. What additional mics will help me to cover these applications? I'll need a good vocal mic, but the rest can be cheaper. I'll be running them into a Tascam TM-D1000, so a few can be condensers.

Yo BathtubGIN-martini: [ my favorite ]

You must try the Yorkville Apex 430 mic; I just got one and removed my AKG3000; the Yorkville beats the hell out of the AKG; The 430 has no switches for roll off, etc. It is just pure mic and the voice sound wonderful through it, even my voice! For the money, about 142 pezzutos if you get the 25% knockoff the list as I did, you will find it to be a very good mic. And, I don't work for Yorkville; I bought a pair of Yorkville YSM-1 monitors and was so impressed at the quality for the money that I ordered the mic just for the hell of it; I'm glad I did.

Green Hornet

Back