AKG3000 vs Rode NT-1

I keep coming back to 'little effects cymbals like splashes and ice bells'. God that's lovely.

She didn't come from Pensacola
No one comes from there
She came from la belle province

With splashes in the summer
And ice bells en hiver
She shows you what she wants

Cool is that a new picture (the annimated one)

Any way, thanx for your help guys. My Budget has just gone up because I sold my C3000 and now i'm getting two NT2's.

Also how will it sound if my drumer sings into them while he plays?
&
Does anyone use the AKG kick drum mics. What are they like?

Thanx,

[This message has been edited by HAWLK (edited 11-20-1999).]

It had been my experience that everything will sound better if you drummer doesn't sing at all... Ever.

S8-N

The AKGD112 is a popular choice for bass drum. I tried a sennheiser 421 and SM57's before buying a D112. The D112 does a good job.

[This message has been edited by Emeric (edited 11-20-1999).]

No single mic is right for every instrument/performer either. I have a Shure B52 for kick mix, and it's good sometimes, great others and flat out stinks sometimes. It's just like vocal mics, some mics work well with some drum tunings, heads, techniques. Others work well with others.
I've built variety of mics for vocals and instruments, and need to get a D112 to provide a choice for kick as well. When the B52 isn't cutting it, I'll have the D112 up my sleeve.

Bottom line, the D112 is widely used, it's an industry workhorse.

Has anyone used their large condenser on kick? AT4033 or KSM32? I've got to try that next time. With the pad in they both handle 135+db SPL.

Actuly S8-N sadly enaugh, my drummer is probobly the best singer in my band. he is certinly as good as the lead singer.
But would i need to MIC him with another MIC?

I have also seen a good Beyer mic for drums (it has a plastic diafram, and the sound is good), does anyone know what there internet site is? and/or what the mic is called?
(I want to compare the two Mics)
Thanx,

Yeah, you'll need a seperate mic for vox... You'll want to process the vox seperately from the drums... Actually I would get him to lay down vox after the drum tracks have been recorded so there's no bleed through... Those C1000 overheads work well for cheap vocal mics...
Ed recomended the Audio Technica Pro 25 for a kickdrum mic... He said he liked it better than the D-112... I got one and I have no complaints... I think the AT Pro 25 is a bit cheaper than the D-112, although I had a hella time finding one on the 'net.

S8-N

Ahhh,
I now have two NT2's which i'll use for vocals and overheads (as i seid in one of the previous posts). I still will probobly go for the D-112 because i have heard such great things about it and it seems very reliable.
I went to the Beyer web page and it wouldn't let me see info on the mics. I think there site is under construction, however it could be my computer.
Any way i now have a good idea of what i'm going to do about my kick drum, so thanx guys.

HAWLK

You can view the products. Just click on the big bi-directional polar pattern to get into the products area. The Under Contruction part is the new software and MV product range.

Back