AKG Perception 420 or AKG C 3000. Which one ?

Yenerstrat

Hello guys,

Recently i confused about choosing between, this two mics which is about the same price and level. okay here we go.

Perception 420 :

This one got interesting features (figured 8, omni, and cardioid). it also got 20 db and low cut switch. im quiet impressed at some points but when i tested in music store that sells this, i felt that its lack of frequency responses and doesn't give any color on it. anyway, i tested it with vocal and acoustic guitar straight to the presonus firestudio without any EQ or effects. The price is about 250 bucks.

C 3000 (not the B version) :

First of all, i read some bad reviews about this one and i try not to be affected.
Its got less features compare to perception but i think its enough. i can say this mic is pretty much wider than the perception 420 for the vocal. i heard the nice saturation and more frequency response. But not with acoustic guitar, myself kinda hard to explain. i just dont feel the nice low frequency that i expected on it. the price is about 220 bucks (new).

in the end of the day, i dont have plenty of time at the store and they both still confusing me. actually im looking the best one for the price level. so it'll help me a lot if i can read you guys opinion. thanks

Back