AKG D880-Shure SM58

BrettB

Hi all,
Just wanna ad this post to say I'm really happy with my new AKG D880. I first wanted to buy a Shure SM58, till somebody recommended me The AKG. I compared the 2, and I defenitely like the AKG! Great sound, a bit different but surely as good as the SM 58, and a lot Cheaper!!

Do I insult anyone if I say that th SM 58 is maybe a bit overrated?

Hell no, your opinion doesn't insult me. When you say you feel the 58 is over rated, it's only your opinion. Besides, the 58 is validated by its use by sound profesionals. Next time you're watching TV and see a performer on stage, chances are they'll be singing thru a 58. I can think of a lot of microphones that I think "sound" better than a 58 in a given situation but as a live sound road worthy mic they'd suck. The thing is with a 58, most folks who run live sound know it, it's a known quantity. You can use as a hammer, then plug it in and it pretty much sounds the way it did when it came out of the box. It also sounds like the other hundred they've used. So, no, it's just an opinion. You have yours and I have my humble one. And I like 'em (58's that is).\
:D

Back