Akg d770

hairylarry

Hi,

There are a bunch of these new on ebay from the same seller. (not me, in fact I'm bidding) These are very good mics, far better than they ought to be for their price point. They are no longer being made so this is new old stock and he has a bunch on buy it now at $30 + $5 shipping.

AKG D 770 Dynamic Cable Professional Microphone - eBay (item 200624378163 end time Jun-29-11 16:53:30 PDT)

Go to the buyers page for more.

Heads up for a good dynamic vocals mic cheap. Good for stage use, background vocals, even instruments or toms. I like these better than the SM58s.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

I think someone had asked about them in another thread. I looked around at various music stores to find that no one stocks let alone can even order one. I saw a lot of good reviews on them though.

Ok, I had good luck and I was the only bidder on my mic. I got an AKG D770 new for $20 plus $5 shipping. I have a used one already that I paid around $28 for several years ago. Persistence furthers.

Like moresound says, you always want two.

The D770 rocks! It's a very good voiceover mic. Two of them are good on live piano. For reference, its predecessor, the D690, uses the same capsule, and is basically the same mic with a different paint job. They are simply the best bang-for-buck cheap dynamic out there. I use them everywhere most folks would use an SM57. I prefer Sennheiser e835 as a live vocal mic (I carry one as a backup to my SM7b just in case), but D770 is my standard live instrument and all-purpose percussion mic. It is very good on voiceovers, resistant to bleed and feedback. What's not to love?-Richie

They're back

Hi,

The AKG D770s have been relisted. Do a search on ebay. $20 start bid. $5 shipping. $30 buy it now.

When my new one comes in I will have a pair so don't hold back on my account.

The D 770s are still on the website so maybe they're still selling them.

D*770

The 690 isn't. I have it listed as hypercardiod where the 770 is cardiod but they are, in fact, very similar mics.

Twice now this week people have recommended some affordable Sennheisers. I'm going to have to do some research. I've used a Sennheiser at the radio station but I don't have any Sennheiser mics.

Thanks,

Hairy Larry

Back