akg c516ml + akg b23l

bugy12

hello

just bought the c516ml for the accordion and i want to buy the b23l battery pack for it.
if ill connect the output of the pack into a di box directly (without the wireless system) would he work fine? cause ive tried to take my headphone cable (k240) and tried to connect it into my sound card with phantom power and it doesnt work?
thanks

Niv

The C516 should plug straight into a DI and work fine, so long as the DI is supplying power. The battery pack is only needed when phantom is not available.

In fact, if the soundcard supplies phantom power, then you should be able to plug the C516 straight into it without the DI.

in the book they are sayin that the mic working with MPA V L or the b23l.
so if ill buy the b23l the circuit should be: mic into the b23l for power and than from the output jack (the 3.5mm) to the PA system?
thanks
Niv

The C516 should plug straight into a DI and work fine, so long as the DI is supplying power. The battery pack is only needed when phantom is not available.

In fact, if the soundcard supplies phantom power, then you should be able to plug the C516 straight into it without the DI.

?

I looked at the AKG website. I see that the C516 has a mini-XLR connector. That changes everything. Forget what I said before.

That means it won't plug directly into a DI, interface or any other device that uses standard XLR connectors.

So you need something that will accept a mini-XLR connector. The B23L does this. You then go from the B23L to wherever using an appropriate cable. One end needs to be 3.5mm stereo jack. The other needs to fit whatever you are plugging in to.

As an alternative, you could pick up an Audio Technica AT8531 power module that accepts a mini-XLR input and sends it to a standard XLR output.

Back