AKG C3000B vs. AT 4033

One's not better - they're different. Change the form of your question, and you'll get better results. :)

Well I haven't tried either of these mics with my voice (I've tried the AKG C-1000, and I use it in combination with another mic because it doesn't do much for my voice on its own), but if I *were* considering either or both of the mics you mentioned, I'd get my hands on them, either as a rental or in the shop, and try them out and decide which one I liked better. If they're in the same price range, then 90% of the time, it's nothing more than a matter of which one sounds better with your voice, to your ear.

I have used both mics. I own an AKG C3000B and run it thru an ART tube MP. After using it on 4 tunes I went back to listen to the 4033 takes on previous material. I prefer the tone of the 4033 on vocals after listening a few times. The C3000 going thru the tube preamp seems to be TOO WARM and the vocals are dark without edge. The AT mic will give you more "cut thru the mix".

But hey, I also like to use SM57's on vocals if that tells you anything. As a matter of fact, I switched from the C3000 back to a 57 on my latest tracks out of tonal disgust. I am saving up my pennies to buy the AT!

Back