Advice on mics?

mfro98

I need a good mic for acoustic guitars and a good mic for vocals.

I have around 300-400 $ to spend

I heard the C1 is a good vocal mic...

Any recomendations?

Thanks,

Matt

Yes, the C-1 is an excellent vocal mic. I would buy one of those or a Marshall V-67 for vocals. I would then buy a pair of Marshall 603s for your acoustic. You can get them for $65 each at Abe's Music in Miami. The V-67 will run you about $175 and the C-1 about $200. You can stay in your budget and get great mics.

Just so you know...
It has been noted by Harvey Gerst that the C1 has more solid construction than the V67G. Don't know if that's something you care about, but it's a point to consider. Either way, they both sound terrific - you get a lotta bang for your buck.

Isaiah

The shell is cast on the C1 and turned on the V67G, so the C1 is heavier. Sonically, the V67 is slightly smoother than the C1, but it's really a matter of degrees. Neither one sucks and both will do a good job for most vocals, with the C1 having a slight midrange dip.

The V67G probably wins the "best bang for the buck" award at around a street price of $185, but the C1 wins the "most impressive looking" award even with a street price of $200 to $230.

Thanks Harvey..great, well balanced, informed, and UNHYPED post.

Thank you VERY VERY much.

P.S. I don't mean to knock anyone else who posted in this thread so far.

C1 vs V67G?

C1 vs V67G?

Read this thread (chessrock's posts), it may help push you in the direction of the C1.

I don't know what kind of service exists on the V67G...

Queue

Back