Advice on which microphones to catch with USS 600,00

ThiagoWillecke

So, I already own Presonus Audiobox USB 2X2 and a AKG 240 MK II headphone. Now I'm looking foward to buy my first microphones (since I'm travelling to NY in October and I won't be able to buy gear as cheap as in the USA. I'm brazilian).
My cousing works in a studio and reccomended me to buy at least one condenser micke (he appreciates very much the Blue Baby Bottle) and a shure sm57 for general purposes.
Basically, I want to record acoustic guitar and voice. But I would appreciate to record an upright piano or drums (with a minimalistic setup, of course).

Do our have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

i also have the AudioBox USB and I record all my vocals with a $89 Sterling ST51. Of course, I paid $129 for it last year before the price dropped. my signature has a link to my tracks, if you want to hear what the vocals sound like with that mic. i have lots of processing on it as well, but I usually receive very positive feedback on my vocal quality. that isn't to say, however, a better mic wouldn't sound EVEN better...but, it's a good bang for the buck I believe.

Back