Adk Sc-1

Slackmaster2K said:
Now, back to the main topic: does anyone have anything constructive to say about the SC-1, other than the fact that it may or may not be very much like the MXL603s

Good question, and I don't know... but, that's what I want to find out too. If we can get past the spam and the troll who belongs in the cave maybe we can find out. But, let's just try to stick with the subject of this ADK SC1 thread.

If anyone here has any hands-on use with the ADK SC1 that can help shed some light on the subject... please speak up.

If your here just to run your post count up and or to start trouble... just go away.

cavedog101, thanks for the report. You say you've A/Bed the SC1 with the 603S and you like them both (except the banjo mart crap) and you also said that SC1 & 603S sound close but different. What I'd like to know is... other than the banjo mart crap... which of the two mic's do YOU seem to favor? Thanks

OK...I like the SC-1 as there seems to be a bit less self-noise in its operation.I own 2 of the SC-1's and bought them when I could have bought either set.My set of ADK's is not a matched set per se, but I dare anyone to find very much difference in their outputs,tonality, and sensitivity.I had the 603's in for only a short time but did track some with them.I would post these but I needed room on the harddisk for other things.
Really, for the price, you cannot go wrong with either mic.It becomes a personal selection at some point as the price break is a minimal difference.
Since I already had the AKG451B's I was simply looking to enlarge my mic locker and in doing so discovered a fine sounding piece of equipment in the ADK mic line.
I will say this, in sound comparison between the SC-1's and the 603's, to my ear, theres a sort of 'older' kind of tone to the ADK's that I did not hear with the 603's.....more like an older set of KM84's which I have used extensively in my time. Not nearly the detail(what does?!!) but the same sort of ordered tonality...

Thats all I know.....pick as you wish....you cant go wrong with either.One company you buy at banjo mart the other generally at a 'pro' shop.

I will for the sake of argument add one more mic to the hunt....at just a few dollars more, the Audix SCX-1 is a fine mic.Very very crisp in the highs and flat in the mids...as always YMMV

Good price on that combo (A-51 + SC1), both really usefull mic's. Though you might read reviews of the SC1 as a cheap China thingy. It's a fine small diafraghm with a crisp sound, good for cymbals and western guitar. Also good for concerto piano with open lid. Actually in this situation the two mic's work really good together. You can use the A-51 for every task that you would use a large diafraghm mic for. A really decent mic. The price is right - go for it :-)

Back