adk a-51 or octava mk-219

With all due respect for Larry and the ADK A51, the Studio Projects T3 comes out of the same factory as the A51. We use a different capsule and some different values to voice our mic, but the A51 is $1600.00, and the Studio Projects is $999.99.

Call Midwest Audio in Norway. They have the T3 in stock. I will be at the Midwest Audio Show in Stockholm on October 10th with all the Studio Projects mics, so if you want, call Paul at Midwest and get the details.

Uhh Alan I don't think that he's talking about the tube Adk-51(whatever), He's probably talking about the one that streets for $200.

-Jett

Jett,

Thanks for the clarification, I just found out ADK has two models called A-51's, one made by the ex-employees of Fielo, and the Area 51 out of 797 Audio.

IMHO, the Octava sounds darker and rounder than the ADK. It depends on the sound you're after. I personally lean towards the Octavas for vocals. The ADKs and like budget large diaphram condensers seem over bright and hyped in the high end to my ear.:cool:

thanks my friends for your replys.

I have compared the two, and seems like you say, that the octava is much smoother for vocals but I prefer the ADK for acoustic instrument especially for 12 string-guitarr. Crispy nice sound there.
So what to do now?
Go to mum and dad and ask for a christmas present in advance, so I can keep them both, I guess.
I really would like to keep them.

Lars.

Hey Alan,
do you happen to know more precisely when and where in Stockholm the Midwest Audio show will be? It would be great fun to go there. I haven't seen the Studio Projects mics anywhere in Stockholm, so I'd really like to hear them with my own ears.

Cheers
/Henrik

Back