Acoustic Guitar and Vocal mics....................

kneal7

Can anyone offer any advice. Im looking to purchase a few mics for use in my small studio. Im looking to record mainly acoustic guitars and vocals. I'll be routing them through a Focusrite saffire pro 24, so 48v phantom power is available. So far Ive identified the cascade m20u conderser mic. I'm looking to this to record the guitars. I think I'm right using a large diaphram condenser for this. As far as vocals go can anyone suggest any mics. Thanks K

Well if you are mainly recording Guitar theres so many different ways you can go. Mic's are a huge preference thing with the engineers. I mean there are overall good ones for the money, and better for specific jobs but unless you have the money it's good to get an all in one mic. except there aren't any.

by the look of the price you were going to buy the other mic for i'd say around 100$ to 200$ so here's my suggestion.

Rode Microphones NT1-A Condenser Mic Bundle and more Condenser Microphones at GuitarCenter.com.
great for vocals, never tried on guitar.

I have an AT2020

GuitarCenter

i've beat this one up for years and love the way mine sounds. i've really gotten to know it and use it well. thats another main thing, what ever you get you just have to know how it works.

Back