[$100] Looking For A USB Microphone

Jettt

Hello,

I'm looking for a USB microphone that I'll be using for gameplay videos, I'd like something that focuses on your voice and cancels out background noise (Keyboard noise, air conditioner noise, and other sorts of background noise). I have a $100 budget for the microphone. I've also had my eyes on the Audio-Technica ATR2100 for a while but I've got no luck finding it in my location [Philippines]...I might however still look for it, but I'd like to have other choices as well.

Thanks!

As arcaxis said, a dynamic mic is probably our best choice. One of the headsets with a dynamic mic should fill your needs, but read the reviews before buying them. A few of them I bought were truly horrible.

Ok, I do have a headset and it has a really nice mic but it records every bit of breathing sound I create, is there a way to stop this?

Ok, I do have a headset and it has a really nice mic but it records every bit of breathing sound I create, is there a way to stop this?

I use a lot of headsets for live theatre work and there we control breath noises by physically bending the mic boom to place the capsule not directly in from of the mouth but, rather slightly to one side but still pointing at the mouth. This might work for you but try bending your mic boom with care...the ones I use are designed to be bent that way; podcast ones might not be.

If you go with the plan to buy a mic, I'm afraid I have to suggest you up your budget to buy a dynamic of some sort plus a USB interface rather than a USB condenser. The dynamic will be much better at rejecting background noise but I don't know a USB dynamic in your price range.

Maybe a Sennheiser 835 ($90 at USA prices) and Lexicon Alpha interface ($50 in the US). Note that the Lexicon doesn't have phantom power if you ever want to convert to a condenser though.

Would THIS work w/ THIS and if it can work together is there going to be some sort of quality loss or hissing noise and stuff like that? (sorry for the nooby questions, I'm not really into audio stuff)

Yes - but they are rather dull and lacking in clarity - hardly better than any of the budget dynamics of that type. On you tube there are some recordings of those types of microphone.

Back