-10 db pad on C1?

VotaIdiota

Hello everyone. I have an interesting predicament. I recieved in the mail the other day my first C1 (my first condensor as well, actually.... making albums solely with 57's and 58's is a science, as far as I'm concerned). so I open up the case, admire the mic, and... what's this on the back? A switch for a -10 db pad? I thought the C1 didn't have one..... is there something I missed here? Or did they decide to introduce that one and sneak it past me? I mean, I'm not disappointed, a pad is great, but is it just a switch that doesn't do anything? Do all C1's have this???? I'm really curious..

the original C1 didnt, but the newer ones are supposed to have a pad and a bass rolloff switch......

second glance

well, after looking at the mic one more time, I think I might have like a transitional C1 or something..... the switch looks like it's an either/or rolloff/pad thing.....
there are three markings.... the far left one is that of an L rotated 90 clockwise.... so it seems like it would be a bass rolloff.... the middle is a flat line, obviously just neutral? and then the far right isn't a marking, it's "-10 db" in big letters.
sweet, so I got more options for the same price as the prevous C1!
:)

VotaIdiota

The C1 you received is the new version. As a result of listening to people on this group and others, the opinion was most wanted a pad switch. So I took it a bit further...I put the pad on, but also put a Hi-Pass filter to remove low frequency rumble.

In the middle position, it is completely out of the circuit, and is exactly the same as the old C1, so you did get the latest version. I guess you got more for you're money! :D

I hope you like it.

Alan Hyatt
PMI Audio Group

hot diggity damn

hey alan, thanks for the reply. I guess you guys just aren't updating the product information as quickly as you're updating the product itself. :)
even if I can't use the pad AND the filter at the same time, I still say, for $225, I really can't complain. :)
just out of curiosity, what's the specs of the high pass filter? 6 db/octave at 85 hz or so?

Back