Pittsburgh Modular Foundation 3

terraamb

Hey guys, I just got my hands on one of the first production models of the new Pittsburgh Modular Foundation 3 systems. This is a complete eurorack format modular synth system in a box, and its brilliant. Great sounding modules and very flexible. I recently downsized from my full size dot com system to this smaller system due to studio size constraints. And as much as I loved my dot com system, this little puppy does a lot more with the same basic module setup. It's very intuitive and fun to play with (as a matter of a fact it can be a real time suck. You'll find yourself messing with it for hours.lol.) For those that are unfamiliar with modular synthesis, it comes with a downloadable manual that does a better job explaining how things work than most books on synthesis for beginners. If you're in the market for a eurorack system, or interested in breaching the world of modular synthesis, you might want to check them out. :guitar:

Here's a demo track I thew together. All sounds are made with just the Foundation 3 system (with the addition of some outboard reverb and delay for effect.) It's pretty un-EQd becuase I wanted the listener to be able to hear the oscillators doing there thing au naturale. I did dial the bass back a bit because its so room shattering it took over the whole mix. Anyway, very pleased with this new system. Though it wasn't cheap, it's work the cha ching.

Back