Thread: Midi Clock device

AnchoriteX is offline Newbie

Question

Sign in to disable this ad
    I am ready to start djing live soon, but I have a question. Does anyone know of a simple reliable midi clock device that I can use to control my Electrix filter factory and mo-fx. All I need it for is tempo clock, nothing fancy. I normally use my computer in the studio, but I dont want to drag it around with me for a mere midi clock...

Thanks a bunch

AnchoriteX

regebro is offline Insane Genious!
    Well, most drum machines send midi clock. You could probably find something used, pretty cheap.
    Random Pavarotti Disease Victim.

LongWaveStudio is offline 1K Silver Member
    Red Sound do a small palm sized unit. it's either called beat something or DJ something! i know they definitely do one though. can't you just tap tempo though?

AnchoriteX is offline Newbie

Smile

Hey thanks for the help. I wasn't thinking to clearly, grabbed an old drum machine out of the closet, it works perfectly for what I am looking for.

And as far as tap tempo, in my experience, the various devices I have do tend to get somewhat out of sync after a while, and I need everything perfectly in sync... Maybe I am just not good enough at tapping tempos =] I dont know, but give it 5 min and something is off beat. Is this a problem with me or what?

I checked out Red Sound, they have the micro sync, and the micro bpm, which look very useful, I will probably get the micro sync after I look into it a little more, it looks like exactly what I need to sync all my midi gear. I've had a much easier time doing this stuff in the studio than live.

Anyway thanks to you both for the help.

AnchoriteX
    Last edited by AnchoriteX; 05-03-2001 at 20:48.

Thread Information