KX 88 Troubleshooting

ratonyi

Hi Allan,Tedluk,Sonic Albert,hixmix

Please help me.I have also KX88 since 1988 and without any trouble.Except now.And I can not find service or troubleshooting.After turning on there is often a freeze down.I can not switch Single or Split.It is always in Dual Mode.What can I do.Reset with A and B Bank:no result.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Same Thing

I recently just bought this keyboard used and I'm having the same problem. After a memory reset, the manual says to just hold down MS1, except that freezes the keyboard...

Any help would be appreciated!

The way it is supposed to work is that pressing MS1 puts the KX88 in single mode, MS2 puts it in dual, and MS3 puts it in split. You shouldn't need to hold the buttons down.

It's possible the contact is dirty on MS1, or the button is not functioning properly. You might try wiggling it, or pressing it on it's corners, if that makes sense. The point being to try and make sure the button is making contact.

My KX88 seems to be gradually losing capabilities as well. I think perhaps the battery has gone bad and that affects how the keyboard functions.

Thank you for the quick reply! Unfortunately, the keyboard completely freezes when I try and activate either single mode or split. I can't get any midi out after ms1 is selected. May be a battery issue... I know other people have posted this problem, but so far no one has put up a solution as of yet...

If you think of anything else let me know!

Chris

I'd also like to open it up and take a look at it to see if something is loose but don't know how... I see the four screws on top but after removing those it looks like it sticks to the piece that encases the MOD wheel... Not sure how to pop the top so to speak. Any advice (at my own risk)?

KX88 freezes

Hi all,

I know this is pretty late in the game, but did anybody figure out a cure for the KX88 freeze problem? I just bought one, and while doing the step by step routine with the manual, it froze up on me. The same symptoms as everybody else. What a bummer. I looked for one of these for a long time. The action is great on it, too. If anyone knows who can services these, please let me know!!
I live in FL.

Thanks you guys,
Jimi

kx88- constant dual mode

hello everybody,

two years later and THE SAME PROBLEM!

constantly dual mode;
as soon as I touch MS1... freeze.

has anyone of you found a solution?

any hint very welcome!

cheers,
Gido

KX88- constant dual mode

to whom it may concern:

I solved my problem with the help of a webpage that I am for any reason
not allowed to post here.

if you google:

"repairing a used yamaha kx88"

you'll find it.

cheers,
Gido

Gido, you have to have over 10, or over 15 posts to put up links.
It's meant to stop spammers etc.

post the link with spaced like this h t t p : / / w w w . thewebsite.com/thefix.html and I'll re post it properly for you.

Thanks for sharing the info.

to whom it may concern:

I solved my problem with the help of a webpage that I am for any reason
not allowed to post here.

if you google:

"repairing a used yamaha kx88"

you'll find it.

cheers,
Gido
I have sort of the same problem. When I power up, the keyboard is frozen. Tried the A B bank button reset w/ no success. It's stuck on split mode and the AB banks displays have 2 red dots. You mentioned a sight you googled that solved the problem but I couldn't find it. If you don't mind emailing me the link, I would
Truly appreciate it! Thank you.
Jwillieg@yahoo.com

Back