How do they make THAT FAT BASS SOUND ??

gkowal

hey guys what do TECHNO and DANCE producers use to make those FAT BASS sounds that go between kicks??
you know
KICK BASS KICK BASS KICK BASS KICK BASS..

you can do it with all sorts of gear, but as you allready know, you want the bass on each song to be a bit different in sound and soforth... so you'd want a modular synth... if your main concern is the bass, then i'd say use a waldorf pulse or a novation bass station... otherwise, most modular synths can make really good bass patches..

I use my supernova for all the techno/dance sounds except the percussion (not true... sometimes i also use it for analogue modeling percussion)..
for the most part i use a bass that's made like this:
Take some saw oscillators, put em on top of eachother and lower a lowpass filter. Add resonanse and modulate the filter cutoff - by a small amount - with an adsr envelope with short or no attack, fast decay, mid sustain and fast release.
the amp envelope should be made with immediate attack, full sustain and a fast release...

hope that helped.. are you looking for gear or what? if so, then i need to know what stuff you already got...

PEEP THIS MOVE...

IF U GOTTA MPC-2000...U CAN TWEEK THE SOUND ANYWAY U LIKE IT....LIKE FOR INSTANCE,
IF YOU MAKE A KICK OR BASS SET,AND IF IT DON'T SOUND DEEP ENOUGH FOR YOU.DOUBLE
IT UP IN ANOTHA SEQUENCE.I MAKE TECHNO AND HOUSE...EX.IF I MAKE A FLOOR-2-FLOOR
909 BASS KICK AND WANTED TO THROW A DEEP 808 LIKE BASS BEHIND IT.I'LL FILTER OR
DISTORT THE 808 A TADBIT AND DO MY THANG
PLANET PHATT AND SAMPLE CD'S IS A GOOD CHOICE......HOLLA AT ME.
DJ'FINGAZ...1-TIME

Back