CASIO CDP-200R usb-midi not working?

jimmymb

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my Casio CDP-200R to connect with my computer so I can use it as a midi keyboard.

However, I'm not making any progress. I'm running Windows 7 64bit, I've tried using the official drivers (here) ,
but the piano doesn't show up in any DAW or midi capable program (tried MIDI-OX, Pro Tools and Ableton Live).

I've also tried using the Roland PC-50 driver (here), as I found people who had success using that.
Using this driver actually gets the piano to appear in the DAWs and MIDI-OX, but no input comes through.

The piano is definitely setup correctly, output on Channel 1 and Local set to ON as well.
Also, I have an old Macbook which doesn't require drivers and the piano works on that straight away, so I know the piano is functioning fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Jimmy

Have you tried turinging on the keyboard before turning on the computer and opening the DAW? Or turning on computer, turning on keyboard, then starting DAW? Sometimes MIDI device recognition must be done in a certain way.

Last edited:
I've tried different combinations, and you're correct that it must be done in a certain way.
The piano has to be plugged in first before running the DAW for it to be recognized at all, but I'm still not getting any input from it.

I just ran a usb analyzer to see if the computer is receiving data from the piano, which it is, so it must be something wrong with the drivers?

Back