Axiom 61 stopped working/Logic Pro 9 Pretty sure I hit some buttons

delirium trigge

Hello,

I have no idea what I'm doing with midi keyboards. But I do know how to program midi with my guitar stuff. I attempted to do this with the keyboard, thinking it would be the same thing, only in keyboard form. Well, I held down some buttons, not sure which, pretty sure I tried combinations of all of them trying to get to the CC messages. After that, it stopped working. I'm pretty sure that is the culprit. Although, Apple did put out a new OSX update that I downloaded last night too. But I've never had that affect it.

I have a smaller m-audio midi keyboard I plugged in to test and it worked fine. So it has nothing to do with my DAW, computer, soundcard, because I used all the same stuff and the other one worked fine.

I did a hard reset on the Axiom 61. That did nothing also.

Literally nothing happens. I can hit any key and no sound. The screen does show the values changing and things like that.

I think I could have muted it or something. Although I can't be sure because I come from the world of midi guitar programming and I don't even know what "null" "Zone" and all of these different buttons actually do on the Axiom.

Greatly appreciated whoever can figure this out. I've never needed a driver for it before and it's always worked. But I downloaded the driver and tried that anyway, and that didn't work either.

It seems that I hit a combination of buttons and changed something that makes it not communicate with Logic x

Here is an update:

The culprit is the keyboard. I have two midi keyboards. The other one works fine. I plugged the axiom 61 into another computer, with another recording program and it still didn't work. So it's not osx mavericks. It's not drivers. It is not sending a midi signal out.

It's as if it's muted. But the mute button is turned off on it. But it won't send it to the computer through the usb or through a midi cable. It's not my computer because as i stated, I tried another one. The small key rig 25 I have works perfect on both with any recording program (I have a few of them)

Did it just tear up? It's showing it on the LCD screen as if I'm playing midi notes. Did I hit some combination of buttons that tells it to stop sending a midi signal? I read the entire manual and I can't find anything like that. I did the hard reset.

No, I do not know how to do that I am not an electronic musician I use it to play from real piano sims. I know how to set up my guitar with my guitar midi controller but all that is, is channel 1 pretty much and CC# whatever and to make it switch different pedals and patches. With the keyboard midi thing it is a different thing.

I don't know how to find what channel Logic is using for midi. I think I know how to change the channel on the keyboard though but it seems like I ran through all of them and it never worked. It didn't work on the other computer, or ipad either. But the key rig 25, worked perfectly on all of them including the ipad. No drivers are installed for the key rig 25 either and that's how it was with the axiom 61. But since this happened I went to go get a driver and they didn't have one for 10.9.2 mac osx. But I got the 10.7 one and that didn't do anything either.

It's literally like its muted. But I know it's not muted because I know how to turn that on and off.

In Logic and the other programs it shows no signal at all coming into the midi in.

I will use this utility though to see. Also the axiom software that goes on the computer that allows you to program it through software instead of through the hardware shows I have no midi keyboard plugged up too. I tried different usb cables and different ports. Those same usb cables and ports worked with the other one as well.

I even shut off everything for like an hour and turned it back on and nothing happened.

But anyway, on my way to download this midi monitor app now and see what happens.

Okay I used that program you suggested. Nothing showed up. I went through all the channels. Then I plugged in my key rig 25 and it did show up in the program. It told me what I was hitting and listed it out for me.

Do you have any idea why the axiom isn't doing that? See what I mean? It's blocked from sending out a signal. And I made sure mute was turned off.

I fixed it. The USB cable does not work to transfer midi anymore since OSX updated. There is no driver. So I turned the USB off, which then makes the midi output turn on. I plugged my midi cable into the axiom and then into the saffire pro 40 and she works and no matter what updates come in the future it won't matter because it's not relying on a USB midi anymore.

I guess it's best to do it the old fashioned way.

That sounds a little odd, I use a MAudio UNO with my Axiom because the USB out is bad (that's how I got it for $20.00). USB midi in 10.9.2 still works. Maybe your Audio/MIDI Utility isn't set up for the Axiom. I realize this isn't an issue for you, but maybe somebody else will chime in.

Back