Your Favorite Workstation/PC or Mac Doesn't Match up to this Workstation, here's why

RyanG

Okay so no one here has ever heard of a Neko XXL by Open Labs? These outdo everyone. Well, I'm not sure about all their models but the Neko XXL by OpenLabs is the ONE. It's the only thing any producer needs. First of all, if you want proof look it up and see the reactions of producers who actually have one, not people talking crap about something they have never used, and only go by what they heard or read. Similar to the Neko's and Meko's of the past, but this is our last stop and here's why...

(This is only what I know about the Neko XXL)
--First of all, this baby has Twelve-Thousand PROFESSIONAL INDUSTRY sounds all ready to go.....Okay?
--15 inches of pure touchscreen pc located smack dab in the middle of the console(above the keyboard)
--Only a 61-Key version exists(potential thumbs down there, but don't misunderstand, this is a big bitch)
--I believe it comes with 200 vst's as well as compressors and ProTools in it or something like that. Believe me it's in there already, you won't need any other software if your a computer recorder. This is what the pros are using TODAY
--The best part is that it comes with a program called mimik which can read any keyboard type sound. This means that all those keyboards you love so much can all be stored inside this. And there is WAY TOO MUCH SPACE. You couldn't add enough keyboards to fill this thing up.
--6 usb imputs
--DVD-RW (what?!)
--Drum Pads
--QWERTY Keyboard(not a mini or a small one. Just the the original Neko and Meko)
-- EQ Faders and knobs on seperate sides

So you have 61 Keys...Above that a 15" Touch Screen LOADED with everything the TOP PRODUCERS use...To the bottom left is a QWERTY Keyboard and to the Bottom right are Drum Pads like MPC or Roland....Top Right are the knobs and tweaks section and top left is the fader sec......So Buy One and take ur MO's ur ES's,XS's and XF's , throw both your Fantom's in there, Your Kurweil's, Your Korg Tritons...add more of everything: from vst's to programs that u dont have....With this you are set....But don't sell your keyboards till u get it....then u can get rid of all the physical models and keep them within this Baby....

Oh and Get ready to spend about 7-8 thousand dollars for one of these. But they really are worth it. This is true, its every keboardist, producer's dream to have something like this. What else could u need or want after something so ready for the future is in front of u...Doubt youll find a used one. Ebay has one. But its Goldplated and was used as a promo tool for promoting Polow Da Don(Produced a lot of hits in recent years. look him up, youve heard his stuff on the radio for sure)...

So do urself a favor look this baby up first. Then comeback and hammer me with comments...

Okay so no one here has ever heard of a Neko XXL by Open Labs? These outdo everyone. Well, I'm not sure about all their models but the Neko XXL by OpenLabs is the ONE. It's the only thing any producer needs. First of all, if you want proof look it up and see the reactions of producers who actually have one, not people talking crap about something they have never used, and only go by what they heard or read. Similar to the Neko's and Meko's of the past, but this is our last stop and here's why...

--First of all, this baby has Twelve-Thousand PROFESSIONAL INDUSTRY sounds all ready to go.....Okay?
--15 inches of pure touchscreen pc located smack dab in the middle of the console(above the keyboard)
--Only a 61-Key version exists(potential thumbs down there, but don't misunderstand, this is a big bitch)
--I believe it comes with 200 vst's as well as compressors and ProTools in it or something like that. Believe me it's in there already, you won't need any other software if your a computer recorder. This is what the pros are using TODAY
--The best part is that it comes with a program called mimik which can read any keyboard type sound. This means that all those keyboards you love so much can all be stored inside this. And there is WAY TOO MUCH SPACE. You couldn't add enough keyboards to fill this thing up.
--6 usb imputs
--DVD-RW (what?!)
--Drum Pads
--QWERTY Keyboard(not a mini or a small one. Just the the original Neko and Meko)

So you have 61 Keys...Above that a 15" Touch Screen LOADED with everything the TOP PRODUCERS use...To the bottom left is a QWERTY Keyboard and to the Bottom right are Drum Pads like MPC or Roland....Top Right are the knobs and tweaks section and top left is the fader sec......So Buy One and take ur MO's ur ES's,XS's and XF's , throw both your Fantom's in there, Your Kurweil's, Your Korg Tritons...add more of everything: from vst's to programs that u dont have....With this you are set....But don't sell your keyboards till u get it....then u can get rid of all the physical models and keep them within this Baby....

Oh and Get ready to spend about 7-8 thousand dollars for one of these. But they really are worth it. This is true, its every keboardist, producer's dream to have something like this. What else could u need or want after something so ready for the future is in front of u...Doubt youll find a used one. Ebay has one. But its Goldplated and was used as a promo tool for promoting Polow Da Don(Produced a lot of hits in recent years. look him up, youve heard his stuff on the radio for sure)...

So do urself a favor look this baby up first. Then comeback and hammer me with comments...

Fuck off and die spammer piece of shit.

Now this is a fine example of unsolicited marketing!

Look at all the great features -
qwerty keyboard! My last laptop required you to type with a decoder ring. Standard keyboards are so much better!
Spammers who don't know the difference between "your" and "you're!"
The pros are using it despite the fact that it isn't on the market yet!
A cracked copy of Pro-tools (or something) and a bundle of free/cracked VSTs!
The ability to synthesize your synthesizers for that wonderful double-synthesized sound!
A mid-range DVD-RW drive! Because shelling out for that extra Blueray RW drive or even a DVD+/-RW drive on a $8000 laptop is just classless.
12,000 unlicensed sound samples!
Hardware specs that aren't even worth mentioning, so clearly it's better than what you already have!

Sign me up!

Actually, it's an interesting looking product...

Of course I wouldn't buy anything that was marketed in this fashion...

Chill Pill Everyone

Okay you guys are all the same.....I'm honestly a fan of this keyboard and just wish I could own one and everyone thinks I'm trying to advertise? I mentioned the features because it's worth mentioning. I'm actually going to be purchasing the XF Model of The Motif in the next week....So come on guys. Let's just talk instruments and give opinions. Like guys! So still, the question remains. Is there anything out there that you think really IS a better workstation?

Thanks for the compliments though guys...now that I read what I wrote, it really does seem professional....LOL, for real, my bad people. I didnt realize it would come off like that. So is anybody willing to actually discuss this topic or what?

If you're the dumbass with the mohawk in that queer picture listen up toots.....This HAS BEEN on the market....And you saying cracked pro tools and vst's? What the hell are you talking about? Free?! Are you stupid, dude? You obviously know nothing about PROFESSIONAL equipment. What do u got? Some old junk equipment an uncle gave to you from the 80's? And no shit this Keyboard is better than what I got. Didn't I say this is better than any keyboard/workstation? And spelling? Did you notice I spelled a couple other things wrong.? Or is that ur way of feeling cool for once (cuz u dont look it). Step your game up asshole. Cause this is the top dog in the industry RIGHT NOW IN 2011. And what you just said made no sense. Its like someone who never heard of KORG coming on here and saying it's trash.....LOOK SHIT UP FIRST. You're just a big mouth trying to fit in with everyone else on here. Look like one of them Colombine dudes..I cant stand people like you. Nothing short of plain ignorant.

--6 usb imputs
--DVD-RW (what?!)
--Drum Pads

Cool story, bro.

Can't be better than my set up so I won't bother looking it up.

It's probably better than my setup, but I have a strong sentimental attachment to the 80s synths and other 80s junk gear that the OP thumbed his nose at. So screw him.

Okay you guys are all the same.....I'm honestly a fan of this keyboard and just wish I could own one and everyone thinks I'm trying to advertise? I mentioned the features because it's worth mentioning. I'm actually going to be purchasing the XF Model of The Motif in the next week....So come on guys. Let's just talk instruments and give opinions. Like guys! So still, the question remains. Is there anything out there that you think really IS a better workstation?

My opinion is you are full of shit and spamming the board.

So again, kindly fuck off.

Actually, I have heard of Open Labs and the Neko and I've played it before. They are made right down the road from me and my neighbor used to work for them.

I'm not a fan of the Open Labs philosophy because I think they are waaaayy overpriced. They are basically a midi controller with a built in Windows PC, Presonus interface and a whole bunch of VSTi's. But I'm not a keyboard/Midi kind of guy and so there might some tangible benefit that I'm missing.

I don't think you're spamming because you obviously don't have an interest in the company and I doubt you are getting any form o' compensation from them and I can tell you're not in Austin. But you did come on here like a spammer and we ALL hate spammers, therefore your cold reception. So everyone, kissy kissy, group hug, shake hands, whatevers, drop the name calling, don't pick on Steve's mohawk, etc, etc, and let the new guy be.

peace,

I'm not a fan of the Open Labs philosophy because I think they are waaaayy overpriced. They are basically a midi controller with a built in Windows PC, Presonus interface and a whole bunch of VSTi's.

Yep. That's not the only issue with this rig. Everyone who's been buying electronics for any length of time knows that if you buy an all-in-one electronic device, it's not easy to upgrade individual components; and if one component fails, the whole system is useless until repaired.

If you're the dumbass with the mohawk in that queer picture listen up toots.....This HAS BEEN on the market....And you saying cracked pro tools and vst's? What the hell are you talking about? Free?! Are you stupid, dude? You obviously know nothing about PROFESSIONAL equipment. What do u got? Some old junk equipment an uncle gave to you from the 80's? And no shit this Keyboard is better than what I got. Didn't I say this is better than any keyboard/workstation? And spelling? Did you notice I spelled a couple other things wrong.? Or is that ur way of feeling cool for once (cuz u dont look it). Step your game up asshole. Cause this is the top dog in the industry RIGHT NOW IN 2011. And what you just said made no sense. Its like someone who never heard of KORG coming on here and saying it's trash.....LOOK SHIT UP FIRST. You're just a big mouth trying to fit in with everyone else on here. Look like one of them Colombine dudes..I cant stand people like you. Nothing short of plain ignorant.

welcome to the site :)

While your original post was a bit over the top, I agree that it would be interesting to hear critique's and ideas about the schema (at least a couple posters did comment as much). I just recently watched a couple of Youtube presentations on Open Labs keyboards. All I can say at this point is "interesting". I think the appeal of thier system is to people who are already into using their computers as studios, i.e. people who are geeks will immediately see the appeal of the Neko idea. It's not for me.

I'm a geek of a sort, but not the kind who wants to use my computer for making sounds. Not yet, anyway. In my own case, I prefer hardware that I can throw in a road case and set up live on stage.

On a different music site, it was argued that a laptop and MIDI controller is far cheaper than workstations in the long run. But when I pressed the issue, it turns out not to be true. Computers, software, sound cards, MIDI controllers, all add up. And they're not as portable as an all-in-one keyboard. Also, most manufacturers (I know for fact that Kurzweil is way ahead in this department since they develop their own chips) map out the computer chip for optimized response (zero latency) so when you push a button, you don't have to wait for things to load.

Open Labs all-in-one may boast a couple of cool ideas (nonobsolescence for one), but I was not personally "wowed" by it. I might add that I think they could stand to get a rad artist to help in the color and overall design look of their equipment. To me, it looks a lot like 1970's computer era. What a little pizazz and laser art might do for the appearance! Alas, it seems like all the manufacturers lose in this dept., except for Nord. Their bright red look is kinda cool, but all of their boards look that way now. No further imagination.

One last thing - as far as live gigging goes, only Kurzweil seems to be learning that we want lighter weight keyboards, not heavier. Have you seen the Fantoms, or the Motifs? Compare to the new PC3.

Just a few of my thoughts on your original statement.

Back