Yamaha PSR-275 & PSR-273 - anyone know the difference?

Ricklh

These two low-end keyboards are so similar in features & price range that I haven't been able to determine what the difference is or why one is slightly higher in price: the PSR-273 is around $159.00 (on the web) while the PSR-275 is $130.00 at Best Buy, but they both offer synth sounds, General Midi capability, Portable Grand Piano sound, PC connection feature. The lower priced PSR-275 got some great consumer reviews so I'm thinking on getting it just for basic home demo's, etc.

Yamaha PSR-275 & PSR-273 - anyone know the difference?

Uhhh...

2??????
;)

Seriously, there don't appear to be any differences in the specifications for these instruments, right down to their weight. It might be that one model was only sold at Best Buy. Sometimes manufacturers do that so they can keep track of sales and service for a retailer. It also makes it impossible for people to do price matching.

Ted

Last edited:
tedluk said:
Uhhh...

2??????
;)

Seriously, there don't appear to be any differences in the specifications for these instruments, right down to their weight. It might be that one model was only sold at Best Buy. Sometimes manufacturers do that so they can keep track of sales and service for a retailer. It also makes it impossible for people to do price matching.

Ted

I knew the math joke would be a response! But, your "serious" answer is about what I figured as well.

same as well..

I have a similar question, The DGX 203 and DGX 205, it seems that one has general midi and the other has firewire midi, is that the only diff?? I am going to buy a DGX 205 here in the upcomeing month. Its the cheapest yamaha i have found with the pitch bend wheel , and in at least 76 key format.

TMFK~

There probably isn't much difference. These are just general model numbers and
different dates of manufacture. I have a PSR-270 and I'll bet it is very similar to
the PSR-273 and 275. I paid around $160 a couple years ago for my PSR-270. I
like it very much and have used it to make some really convincing demo song tapes
using my Tascam portastudio 4-track cassette recorder. I really like the 6 channel
sequencer on the PSR-270. You can make layers then transfer to 4-track for a
really nice full sound!!

Keekwek

Back