Workstation for a sketchpad??

kcearl

I see deaf people
Ive been trying to use an electribe 2 as a sketchpad (night time on the sofa, watchin telly) but its way too limited (4 bars)...Ive tried my ipad (nope) and the volcas (limited sequencers) so Ive narrowed it down to two

Roland juno ds61, and
Korg Kross

Both battery operated, both have sequencers

I think theres more sounds in the roland, but theres a better sequencer in the korg...these will be place holders anyway so sounds dont really matter though some nice world and piano sounds would be a bonus.

Anyway, long winded bastard lol, has anyone any experience with these budget boards? How do you rate them?

I wouldn't call the new electribe limited... The sequencer on it maybe but it's got a pretty serious synth engine - the sound design possibilities are almost endless!
I recently picked up the Novation Circuit - in some respects even more limited than the new electribe but it's addictive as anything! Pure fun in a box!

Sequencing my Erebus from it is also very good fun!

Really nice to do things away from a computer! So much so I'm on the lookout for older grooveboxes to add to the party...
E-mu MP-7 is high on the want list as is the Yamaha AN200

My electribes on the shelf, its just another VA when I have far better sound options, the sound design is very limited imho..Circuit doesnt export midi as far as I know...it would only be a placeholder so I need midi export

I went with the Korg Kross, its not perfect but for what I want it for its better than either of these

Back