What Should I do?

Bertinos

Hey guys, I want buy a midi keyboard for vts sounds (saxophone, drums, synesthias etc.)

But I have huge problems,

1- I have electronic piano and soundcard, my piano has midi interface but my souncard has no midi in or out It only accept jack cables, so I won't use souncard interface for to the midi keyboard that I would buy.

2- Second problem countinues the first problem, the problem is; 6-7 months ago I tried to plug my electronic piano to my pc with midi - usb conventer (for using vst sounds) and I had very huge latency problem.

If I bought a usb midi keyboard, would that problem repeat? Because I don't want to waste my money, I would not buy another soundcard, I liked 3-4 usb midi keyboards If I buy one of them, plugging midi keyboard to pc with only us would be enough for latency or not?

Sorry for my english, I am not native english speaker

I would expect any latency issue using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 midi keyboard to be attributable to the VSTi or DAW, not the interface.

Hey guys, I want buy a midi keyboard for vts sounds (saxophone, drums, synesthias etc.)

But I have huge problems,

1- I have electronic piano and soundcard, my piano has midi interface but my souncard has no midi in or out It only accept jack cables, so I won't use souncard interface for to the midi keyboard that I would buy.

That's not a problem. That's just how things are. Your soundcard makes sounds from the data it receives from the computer. Your midi cable must go into the computer another way.

2- Second problem countinues the first problem, the problem is; 6-7 months ago I tried to plug my electronic piano to my pc with midi - usb conventer (for using vst sounds) and I had very huge latency problem.

These complaints are common. The solutions can be many. "Keyboard echo" can cause an internal looping problem that causes significant delays. Also, certain optimizations of the operating system and card setup are usually involved, depending upon the setup.

If I bought a usb midi keyboard, would that problem repeat? Because I don't want to waste my money, I would not buy another soundcard, I liked 3-4 usb midi keyboards If I buy one of them, plugging midi keyboard to pc with only us would be enough for latency or not?

It might continue. The problem is not midi and USB isn't noticeably faster than midi. The problem is very likely the VST or soundcard setup variables or configuration.

Ponder5

Back