[SOLVED] What Keyboard Is The Best For $1,000.00, + or - $200.00?

The + or - $200.00 will depend on if my wife knows I am heading to GC. I am looking to purchase a keyboard for my home studio. I would like to be able to choose it from a brand that is carried by Guitar Center, as they are 12 miles from the barn and I can unpack it, try it out before I head south. First and foremost, I do not play the keys. This is what I want to do. Any and all advice/opinions are welcome.

I am 20 miles from a collage that has a great music program. I want something a person who has the talent, to be able to play on something, that will get that ultra clean signal into Reaper, via my Tascam US 16 x 8 AI. I will also open this up to the local Elementary and high schools as well. I have read many reviews and now I want to nail it down.

1. Midi, Input Controller or drum pads are not required nor needed. (I have no experience with midi and have no desire to learn. I can close mic just about anything I need to).

2. Weighted keys and realistic sound replication of various instruments is a must. If only one could be had, then the piano wins. It would be great if it could simulate different vintage models as well as brands.

3. It must have a full set of keys.

So if you own something or have played something that fits the above requirements, please chime in. If you know someone that has one and you like the sound, that is cool as well. Thanks!

I put a call into Guitar Center Monday concerning needing assistance concerning a keyboard. Tomorrow I will meet with two people who own the Yamaha P-115 88-Key Weighted Action Digital Piano with GHS Action. Since all this is Greek to me, but I was impressed by the reviews. 27 out of 27 gave it 5 stars and I quite counting after 50 people said their reviews where helpful. They both recommended I also purchase the stand as well as the three pedal attachment. If I buy it I will build the stand to match the new hard woof floor I installed last month. Maybe if I buy it, I can learn to play chop sticks. :eek:

Back