...well, I just ordered my new S90...

thanx daf. this is what it looks like without my trademark dots. i like the dotz better. don't you?

I'm thinking about gettin a s30...did you try them? are they good?

i'm not sure what is the difference between the 2 exacly...anyway! I hope you will enjoy your new toy!

Azathoth

Azathoth said:
I'm thinking about gettin a s30...did you try them? are they good?

i'm not sure what is the difference between the 2 exacly...anyway! I hope you will enjoy your new toy!

Azathoth

...I'm a guitar player so you could fit what I know about 'boards in a thimble...never tried one but I am told it has a great triple-sampled piano tone and realistic 88 key action, 2 things that were the most important to me...well, there was one on display at a music store that I never turned on just fingered it and yup it feels just like an acoustic to me...it is also supposed to do a decent job on other things, but for me the more authentic piano tones and feel I could get was the most important...

Hummm we are not talking about the same thing. i was asking for the s30 who as 61 key and they are not weighted. you have probably seen the s80 or s90.

I like the feature of the s30 but the s03 is cheaper so i'll have to make a decition but i'll wait until i can try both side by side. (and see the difference in price...i know the s30 is more expensive but i don't know how much they sell it in canada)

Azathoth

fonts said:
...should be here by thursday at the latest...

I think that the Yamaha S series makes some of the finest acoustic piano sounds available today.

If Yamaha would only make an S rack mountable module, I would snap it up as soon as I could afford it.

Carl

Re: Re: ...well, I just ordered my new S90...

Krakit said:
I think that the Yamaha S series makes some of the finest acoustic piano sounds available today.

If Yamaha would only make an S rack mountable module, I would snap it up as soon as I could afford it.

Carl

...that's what I heard too Carl, and that's my main reason for buying it along w/88 keys and the action is much like an acoustic also...plus it can do an okay job on other things...

Well, if you want an S90 in rackmount form, minus the triple strike piano (which kind of sucks anyway but is a little better than the stock pianos on the Motif) the Motif Rack is what you get. Remember, S90 and Motif utilize same soundset (S90 has that blasted triple strike)

-Muzakal

muzakal said:
Well, if you want an S90 in rackmount form, minus the triple strike piano (which kind of sucks anyway but is a little better than the stock pianos on the Motif) the Motif Rack is what you get. Remember, S90 and Motif utilize same soundset (S90 has that blasted triple strike)

-Muzakal

Unfortunately the Motif is outside by budget even if I weren't unemployed. I'm guessing that if Yamaha made a module based on just the S series engine it would cost considerably less than the Motif, which has a ton more to offer than just a simple sound module does.

Carl

muzakal said:
(S90 has that blasted triple strike)-Muzakal

...hey, the triple strike is one reason I'm buying it...please elaborate for me a bit on why you don't like this feature...

...so it's 25 miles away now at the music store...hmmm...how to get it home in my Sahara...unzip the rear window and let it stick out the back?...:-)o

...yup, hadda remove the rear window and fold the passenger seat all the way up & forward...only stuck out a couple inches...

...man, this thing sounds very, very cool indeed...

fonts said:
...anybody care to teach me how to play a boogie-woogie shuffle?...;)

...well, I got tired of waiting for you, so I taught myself-next step is to practice through the changes, add a turn around and Hello, Pinetop Perkins!!;)

Back